Thursday, May 26, 2011

derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim

derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer
  • Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer



  • ghostface147
    May 2, 09:24 AM
    I am not concerned with malware that requires user intervention and a few clicks to install things. I am more concerned with malware that installs silently without you seeing any pop-ups or stuff like that.

    Kind of like those pwn2own contests I think are over-rated. "Pwn" my machine without me having to click anything, visit any website or anything. I'll just boot my machine, leave it at the login screen and let you do your thing. You can't touch it physically, just find a way in.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. was booing Carlos Boozer,
  • was booing Carlos Boozer,



  • dcranston
    Sep 21, 04:30 AM
    I'm glad to see at least a few people get it. Obviously iTV isn't for everyone. But let's take a look at the 6 most common complaints on this board:

    1. I can already do this with a Mac Mini!

    This may be true, but remember those are the same arguments against the iPod when it was released in 2001. You could already use a Creative MP3 player. Last I checked, the Mac Mini was still $300 more expensive, and is way overkill for a TV setup, not to mention the fact that you have to maintain a machine designed for mouse & keyboard use. Software Update comes up? Looks like you need to plug in that keyboard and mouse. Sure you can get most (if not all) of the functionality of the iTV on a Mac Mini, but who wants to spend $300 extra, lose some nice features like HDMI, and have to system adminster their living room!?


    2. I don't need another box cluttering everything up.

    First of all, perhaps you missed the size part of the presentation. This thing looks like a small hot plate. Second, if you don't have a need to get content from your computer to your TV, don't buy this. If you have a need, you're going to be forced to plug *something* in...


    3. It doesn't have DVR functionality. I'm so mad.

    I own a TiVO and I love it. And for the forseeable future, will continue to use it. But the point that needs to be reinforced over and over on these forums is that a TiVO fills a need because content is not delivered how customers want it. As this model adapts, TiVO will become irrelevant. It seems silly to try to enter this market late in the game with a product that would be comparable at best. Remember, iTunes sells content, and this market is just beginning to come out.


    4. Apple wants to lock you in to their proprietary iTunes world.

    While I'm sure Apple would be more than happy if you bought all your content on iTunes, I don't think anyone realistically expects that to be the case. Does anyone here think that iTV would only play iTunes content? I'll eat my left shoe if that's the case. You will still be able to subscribe to rocketboom and rip your dvds and make your own iMovies... I'm sure they'll play on iTV.


    5. There's no hole that needs to be filled with this product.

    Perhaps your habits are strikingly different than mine. I have an entire hard drive full of content: photos, movies, music, podcasts, and every free tv show iTunes has ever given me. But didn't I just spend $800 on my new TV in my living room? I did! I want to share this content with my friends, my family, and just have a better viewing/listening experience myself. The living room is designed for sharing and passively intaking content. The computer is designed for actively managing, organizing, and receiving. This product marries the two concepts.


    6. iTunes downloads aren't economically sound vs. TV

    Obviously this statement depends greatly on the user. For myself, I watch only a few TV shows. I love the Daily Show, I enjoy Monk, I recently got into 30 Days, and I enjoy the occasional mythbusters. Daily Show is $10 for 16 episodes, or about a month. TDS is often in re-runs, which I don't have to pay for. It comes out to around $70 / year. Monk has only 4-6 shows per season, and 2 seasons / year, or about $20 / year. I've watched maybe 5 episodes of 30 Days at $2 each or $10 (in the last 4 months), and I've purchased 7 mythbusters this year, or $14. So if I continue at the same rate, I'll spend $140 this year on TV shows through iTunes. My basic cable bill with Comcast was $60 / month or $720 / year. (And I know many friends who pay over $100 / month for cable, including HBO or Disney) Whoa! I cancelled Comcast and feel very liberated to only spend money on shows I find interesting. The free shows allow me to check out and be engaged by new series as well. I'm sure many of you watch much more TV than I do, but I have to say, you'll be surprised at how much crap you're paying for, and how nice it is to choose what you want only. Again, if you watch 4-6 hours of television / day (excluding old rerun shows or just turning on broadcast television), perhaps this model is not for you. Even still, multi-pass like Daily show/ colbert at $10 /month (or less) could give you 3 hours a day for $60 / month. Sweet. Time well spent :)

    So is this the be-all-and-end-all of devices? No. But if I can walk into Best Buy, and walk out with a $300 no-hassle device that lets me play all of my content passively and easily in the living room, that lets me manage and choose content in an interface designed to do that very efficiently (iTunes), and without the need for any other support hardware, installations, hours of configurations, or monthly subscription, I'll be pretty happy.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Derrick Rose #1, Carlos
  • Derrick Rose #1, Carlos



  • jimitrott
    Feb 24, 06:07 AM
    Android might surpass the iPhone. The iPhone is limited to 1 device whereas the Android is spanned over many more devices and will continue to branch out.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Rose, Carlos Boozer.
  • Rose, Carlos Boozer.



  • elbirth
    Oct 21, 10:33 PM
    Anyone know anything about these suppliers, other than Crucial Technology?

    Several co-workers of mine have used 18004memory and Datamem and rave about how good they are. Pretty low prices compared to other places and they seem to be fairly reliable.

    I bought a 1GB stick from 18004memory for my MacBook Pro but it makes it reboot once every few days or so (once I take it out, it'll go weeks without randomly rebooting). I need to RMA it, but I think it was just bad luck on my part.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Chicago Bulls, Carlos Boozer,
  • Chicago Bulls, Carlos Boozer,



  • Eddyisgreat
    May 2, 11:26 AM
    Wait wait so what do I need to do to prevent catching this nonsense?

    Oh, all I have to do is not install the app? Sounds good!

    LOL phew ok wake me up when something important happens. I want to see a conficker (for instance) type worm that only requires that your box to be on to infect. No user interaction, no dialog boxes, just good old fashioned exploitation.
    This is MORE kiddy garbage.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Derrick Rose, Carlos Boozer,
  • Derrick Rose, Carlos Boozer,



  • iJohnHenry
    Mar 25, 06:27 PM
    How many hours in a day do you people pursue these fruitless (no pun intended) arguments, when there are people in your own neighbourhood that could use a helping hand?

    (Well, I for one feel better now.) :D





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Rose did not carry Chicago
  • Rose did not carry Chicago



  • Steve121178
    Apr 28, 07:45 AM
    Guessing 2012 see Apple shift up again? Redesigned MacBook Pro's, retina display iPad 3..

    Doubtful. Windows 8 = large PC sales as people choose to upgrade etc





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. White Derrick Rose Bulls
  • White Derrick Rose Bulls



  • Steve121178
    Apr 28, 08:03 AM
    Horrible headline.

    You do not "slip" upwards.

    The headline is as false as the story. The iPad is not a PC.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer
  • Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer



  • iJohnHenry
    Mar 15, 02:47 PM
    Are you drunk?

    I thought he was suffering from extreme youth.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Carlos Boozer(5), Derrick
  • Carlos Boozer(5), Derrick



  • jav6454
    Mar 18, 01:45 AM
    Option 3; STOP trying to cheat the system, and START using your iDevice the way the manufacturer designed it and the way your carrier supports it. (Is it unfair? YES! Are all of us iPhone users getting hosed, even though there's now two carriers? YES)

    And while you're at it, knock off the piracy with the napster/limewire/torrent crap.

    (Yeah, I said it! SOMEBODY had to!)

    Poor thing... he doesn't realize napster and limewire are history. Also, once the data hits my device, it's mine to do with as I please. Thank you very much.

    >laughing_girls.jpg.tiff.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Associated PressDerrick Rose,
  • Associated PressDerrick Rose,



  • I'mAMac
    Aug 29, 02:36 PM
    30 years ago climate scientists warned us to expect an imminent ice age....it even made the cover of Time, if I'm not mistaken.

    I noticed that you didn't dispute the fact that the dominant greenhouse gas is water vapor. This is not a disputable fact; no climate scientist will argue with you there. Global warming is also not a disputable fact; it is well-documented and has been occuring since records were first kept. However, saying that scientists have reached an "unprecedented consensus" is absolutely false; and would that even matter? How often do you read a story on CNN or MSNBC that begins with the phrase "Scientists NOW think...." Science is in its very nature an evolutionary process, and findings change over time. Who remembers when nine of out ten doctors smoked Camels more than any other cigarette?

    I'm ranting now, sorry. The point is that I've never heard a satisfactory answer as to why water vapor isn't taken into effect when discussing global warming, when it is undeniably the largest factor of the greenhouse effect. But according to the Department of Energy and the EPA, C02 is the dominant greenhouse gas, accounting for over 99% of the greenhouse effect....aside from water vapor. This certainly makes C02 the most significant non-water contributor to global warming...but even then, climate scientists will not argue with you if you point out that nature produces three times the CO2 that humans do.

    Forty years ago, cars released nearly 100 times more C02 than they do today, industry polluted the atmosphere while being completely unchecked, and deforestation went untamed. Thanks to grassroots movement in the 60s and 70s (and yes, Greenpeace), worldwide pollution has been cut dramatically, and C02 pollution has been cut even more thanks to the Kyoto Agreement. But global warming continues, despite human's dramatically decreased pollution of the atmosphere.

    No climate scientist will argue the fact that global climate change has, in the past, universally been the result of cyclical variances in Earth's orbit/rotation, and to a lesser degree variances in our Sun's output. Why then, since pollution has been reduced dramatically, and since climate change is known to be caused by factors outside of our control, is it so crazy to believe that we're not at fault anymore?

    And since when does being in a "tiny percentage" denote right/wrong? Aren't you a Mac zealot? :)
    cars may have produced 100x less CO2 forty years ago. but today there 100x more cars on the road. Global Warming is caused by many reasons. I won't get into them all but I will mention one. Electricity. The heat from our major cities and towns go into the atmosphere, decrease O-zone protection, which in turn makes the sun shine stronger and melts our ice caps. But there are other reasons that i dont feel like explaining. If you want to know more...google it.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer
  • Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer



  • rahrens
    Sep 21, 08:33 AM
    the iTV doesn't do HD either. Quoting Bob iger, Disney CEO:



    http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2066

    Actually, Steve noted that the iTV WILL do HD. It does have an HDMI port out, doesn't it? The issue now is that the ITS doesn't have that content yet. But if YOU have something you've managed to record on your Mac or PC that IS HD, then, by all means, buy the iTV (or whatever they'll call it) and watch your stuff...





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Derrick Rose
  • Derrick Rose



  • wnurse
    Mar 18, 03:05 PM
    It's a great convenience until the RIAA gets pissed and either changes their mind about downloadable music or tells Apple to hike their prices.

    We shouldn't worry though, Apple will defeat this in no time.

    Really?. how?. Regardless of what apple does, it might be even easier for DVD Jon to break their new programming than for them to come up with new programming. Think about it. A company with a lot of paid developers getting outwitted by a guy with time on his hands. I think he wins everytime. Their cost to defeat him is astromnomical compared to his cost to defeat them.

    Although it's an eye opener to know that itunes itself is what wraps the music with DRM. I'd have thought the music was already DRM'd on the server. But I can see why apple chose that route, so that to get DRM'd songs onto an ipod, you would have to use itunes. I bet they never thought someone would bypass the itunes interface (kind of shortsighted if you ask me, this should have been anticipated).

    One way around this problem would be to store the music in an encoded format and have itunes decode the music and wrap in DRM.
    Unfortunately, that can be bypassed too. A competent enough person (example DVD jon) could intercept the process between decode and before DRM wrapping and deliver the music. Another way would be for itunes server to request itunes to send a key and then use that key to add DRM to the music on server before delivering to user, although then you could build a player that intercepted the key and uses it to remove the DRM.
    I'm sure for every solution apple can think of, DVD jon can think of a way to defeat it. There might be no technical solution to the problem at all.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. guard Derrick Rose. Boozer
  • guard Derrick Rose. Boozer



  • Speedy2
    Oct 7, 12:50 PM
    generally speaking, a company that only makes software (google) has higher profit margins compared to a company that makes hardware and software..(apple)



    Depends on what you're selling. How much money is Google really making with those Android licenses and the market place? How much are the handset makers making with Android?

    Google MAY have a better margin, but Apple has a much bigger market for sure since they add most of the value.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Chicago Bulls, Carlos Boozer,
  • Chicago Bulls, Carlos Boozer,



  • javajedi
    Oct 11, 12:56 PM
    Originally posted by Backtothemac


    And I care why? It doesn't matter how fast you can surf on your PC. I can get around fast enough on my Mac. People who say Mac's are too slow are the same people that never take the time to watch a sunset or spend a day with their kid.

    They are fast enough. They do what they are supposed to do the way they are supposed to do it.

    The don't crash, don't get viruses, and don't look like something from the 1980s!

    More fallacies...

    #1 My PC doesn't crash
    #2 It does not get infected with virii
    #3 It doesn't look like something from the 1980s


    You take a look for yourself
    http://homepage.mac.com/kevindecker/PhotoAlbum3.html


    Oh and one more thing Back2TheMac: I've noticed now you are signing quite a different tune, before the G4 was supreme... now.. it is slower and... uhh.. doesn't matter?? How convenient.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. adidas Chicago Bulls #5 Carlos
  • adidas Chicago Bulls #5 Carlos



  • leekohler
    Mar 28, 12:57 AM
    I was just replying to your previous note, Lee. But I stopped writing because I wanted to reconsider what I was saying and to ensure that I expressed my thoughts as politely as I could express them.

    I accept same-sex-attracted people as they are. But I won't accept some things that many of them do.

    Then you don't accept us as we are. All of us are what we do. That's the measure of any human being. We can all say all kinds of things, but in the end, what we do is what matters.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. adidas Carlos Boozer Chicago
  • adidas Carlos Boozer Chicago



  • BoyBach
    Aug 29, 03:36 PM
    Greenpeace is nothing but a group of eco-terriests in my opinion.


    Is that a logical or an emotional statement?





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Rose does a
  • Rose does a



  • neko girl
    Mar 24, 11:55 PM
    People can BELIEVE whatever they want.

    The reason why people have a problem with what the Vatican BELIEVES it is because it is so frequently converted into something that PHYSICALLY restricts the rights of other adults.

    Stop imposing on people's rights, and you can go ahead and continue believing whatever you do.

    Whether or not their beliefs are bigoted are a side issue and only strays from the actual reason people don't like the Vatican.





    derrick rose carlos boozer and joakim. Derrick Rose Ankle Injury
  • Derrick Rose Ankle Injury



  • rstansby
    Mar 18, 05:01 AM
    I don't think it is a bad thing for AT+T to prevent people from tethering to a laptop on an unlimited cell phone plan. Those people are just taking advantage of the system, and wasting bandwidth that the rest of us could use.


    As far as I'm concerned it is the same as going to an all you can eat restaurant and sharing your food between two people, while only paying for one. It isn't a serious crime, but it is stealing, and you know that if you get caught you will have to stop. I'm not going to feel bad for these people that are using 5+GB per month.





    Digital Skunk
    Apr 13, 09:56 AM
    Here are videos of the event... that way you can pretty much 'see' for yourself what it does or doesnt do.

    http://www.photographybay.com/2011/04/13/final-cut-pro-x-annoncement-video/

    Peace

    dAlen

    Okay, I watched the videos anyway . . . :):D :p Whatever, I was curious and they are the only one's I've seen in the past hour.

    There's not one added feature that a student/hobbyist/professional or game changer shouldn't like.

    Things like Magnetic Timeline would actually help an editor cut faster. I digress again.

    Things like Magnetic Timeline however, COULD make certain tools like trim, roll, and slip not needed. I am sure they'll be in the palette, but no more trim --> highlight --> grab and move --> deselect. You just move the clip. I'd like to see that in more detail though, the video had it cut off.

    Another example of what some may be talking about . . . Nesting and Compound clips. Nesting was nice, but terribly executed. Compound Clips ------>>>>>>> Nice!





    jasonph
    Apr 6, 03:55 AM
    The biggest thing I miss is the ALT + <somekey> to open a menu keyboard shortcut.

    What I don't miss. Windows (inc 7) is slower on the same hardware than OS X. It also thrashes the hard drive with its virtual memory use in comparison to OS X and some of it's file handling is laughable. Even XP was better than Win7. I run all sorts of PC's but you really need a lot of memory, a quad core CPU and a very fast drive for win 7 to give of it's best. Not so with Mac OS X, almost any of the Intel Mac's are fine for most jobs (with the exception of Final Cut Pro maybe!).

    Also Stability wise OS X is much more stable than Windows and Apps rarely crash (with the exception of MS Office when it was first released!).

    As with all things Microsoft they take an idea and turn it into bloatware! Almost every MS app I have used feels bloated even Office on the Mac :(





    Howdr
    Mar 18, 01:14 PM
    It's not deceptive. It's just that people don't read it until they want to prove/disprove something.

    People are more concerned with shortening their wait time/shopping experience online or in the store to get their hands on their devices more so than reading the terms and usage regarding those devices.

    But that's not deceptive. You're confusing deceptive with laziness

    No in the TOS it states there is a limit to unlimited (5gb), deceptive.

    As far as the tethering issue, at&t does not know whos tethering.
    they are guessing............so yes its wrong for them they should have proof and its possible for them to have the proof but they are the lazy ones.

    "I think you are guilty, but to have the proof takes too much time, just execute them"

    We live in a time of reason ( I question this at times myself) and you cannot condemn people based on a belief you need the proof.





    jessica.
    Apr 15, 09:56 AM
    With that said, however, I'm not super excited by these campaigns that seem to be sprouting, left and right, that, more or less, encourage people to be gay/lesbian/whatever. At the end of the day that's basically the underlying message in all these videos: "Go ahead, by gay. It's perfectly fine."
    I don't see how these videos "encourage" anyone to be gay. Do you really believe that 100 of these videos could possibly "encourage" anyone to just suddenly be gay?

    Oh Apple has gay employees, they made a great video ... they sent a great message, I'm now going to be gay!

    Sorry, I just don't see it. I think messages like this should be heard. Like it or leave it, gay people exist and they look like you and me.





    Love
    Apr 22, 10:02 PM
    They think they don't need to back up their points with Reason or facts so it's a kind of intellectual laziness which compels most people.

    Really? That actually sounds like a Christian thing to do, morelike. Just say "because God made it that way" to anything they don't understand.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment