kugino
Sep 11, 12:58 AM
8GB metal nano. i'd pick one up immediately. otherwise i'll pick up a refurb 5G while waiting for the full-screen ipod next year...
Mac Fly (film)
Jul 30, 10:19 AM
iChat + Address Book for Windows (one app). Firstly I think the phone itself will be called "iPod Phone" as the trademark for iPhone is already taken, Apple would want to make it clear that it has iPod functionality, it's the next obvious choice for its name, and it's a very Apple thing to do. Right that's settled.
Now how will it integrate with Mac's and PC's? Simple, iChat 4.0 will have the Address Book built-in, maybe a calander/scheduler apps functionality too and it will go Windows, as iTunes did. Mac users will get their photos from iPhoto, and Windows user from the Windows *equivalent. Contacts from iChat4, schedules form iChat4, music from iTunes, photos from photo apps. Job done that's iChat and the iPod Phone covered.
Please note: the above is wild speculation ;)
*may not be equivalent:D
Now how will it integrate with Mac's and PC's? Simple, iChat 4.0 will have the Address Book built-in, maybe a calander/scheduler apps functionality too and it will go Windows, as iTunes did. Mac users will get their photos from iPhoto, and Windows user from the Windows *equivalent. Contacts from iChat4, schedules form iChat4, music from iTunes, photos from photo apps. Job done that's iChat and the iPod Phone covered.
Please note: the above is wild speculation ;)
*may not be equivalent:D
Thunderhawks
Mar 29, 03:46 PM
You rang? :p
No, it was the echo:-)
No, it was the echo:-)
righttime
Apr 26, 02:27 PM
Wow. A platform that is available on all four major carriers and has dozens of phones, passed the iPhone (which *just* became available on its second carrier) in overall usage. So I guess Google should be patting themselves on the back for this historic achievement.
paradox00
May 4, 04:44 PM
Just preferred?
That only means an Option right? Still going to be DVD/USB Stick?
Because if it was App Store only, what about people with Leopard or earlier?
The article's not that long of a read.
That only means an Option right? Still going to be DVD/USB Stick?
Because if it was App Store only, what about people with Leopard or earlier?
The article's not that long of a read.
Satori
Apr 7, 09:32 AM
Shame - a bit of competition couldn't hurt iPad development.
ChickenSwartz
Aug 11, 09:41 AM
Mac Pro and Xserve have the Xeon (Woodcrest).
MacBook Pro, MacBook, and iMac will be upgraded to the Core 2 Duo (Merom).
Mac Mini will probably keep the Core Duo (Yonah).
I agree except I think they will put Conroe in the iMac.
MacBook Pro, MacBook, and iMac will be upgraded to the Core 2 Duo (Merom).
Mac Mini will probably keep the Core Duo (Yonah).
I agree except I think they will put Conroe in the iMac.
Vegasman
Apr 18, 04:21 PM
Interesting that Samsung Group is a much larger corporation to Apple, but only have $4.5 billion in cash reserves. While Apple has $50 billion and counting.
Intersting how?
Intersting how?
toddybody
Apr 7, 10:49 AM
Of course not purposeful. They bought what they needed and couldn't care less as long as they got what they needed.
Why would anybody care about competitors getting any components of any kind, if they get what they need?
Don't agree that Apple needs constant pressure.
Any good company gets its pressure from within (to make it's products better, to sell the next generation) and from market research and consumer communications.
I bet they know that MobileMe sucks (I gave it up as there is better stuff for free) and will do a major overhaul.
I think we will see tablets taking a big chunk out of notebooks and become the next note book generation.
The next revolutionary thing. (Dick Tracy watch that works:-)
Could be that we'll all run around with little receivers and get the info out of the cloud via Wifi type "Gas" station network free of specific carriers.
You'd go to such a station and dial yourself into your network as they all have Verizon, ATT , but they'd also have the renegades etc.
These receivers will be able to project anything one would normally watch on a screen onto anything flat (wall , paper , desktop, side of a briefcase, even your hand etc.) so the current panels could become strong projecting lenses.
Lenses can be smaller to project, so development of image sensors is next.
Go RIM , MS and start developing or Apple will.
Ha ha! Im not sure the relevancy of the last part...but I have to disagree (respectfully) with the notion that Apple doesnt require constant pressure or that any good company only listens to internal voices (users included). First of all, without competition Apple could very well become stagnant in it's HW development; a sad example of this is with the legacy use of C2D (and no folks, they could have gone to discrete options and circumvented the nVidia v Intel alley fight). Apple's also behind the curve on the GPU market, and with their aged MBP display res. Now, havent we all complained about these issues to some degree?

Kim Kardashian Shoes

kim kardashian shoes line.

KIM KARDASHIAN launches shoe

kim kardashian shoes skechers.

Kim Kardashian in Black Nina

Kim was jetting out of New

New Kim Kardashian Tattoo…

kim kardashian shoes skechers.

kim kardashian shoes line.

Kim Kardashian buckles herself
Why would anybody care about competitors getting any components of any kind, if they get what they need?
Don't agree that Apple needs constant pressure.
Any good company gets its pressure from within (to make it's products better, to sell the next generation) and from market research and consumer communications.
I bet they know that MobileMe sucks (I gave it up as there is better stuff for free) and will do a major overhaul.
I think we will see tablets taking a big chunk out of notebooks and become the next note book generation.
The next revolutionary thing. (Dick Tracy watch that works:-)
Could be that we'll all run around with little receivers and get the info out of the cloud via Wifi type "Gas" station network free of specific carriers.
You'd go to such a station and dial yourself into your network as they all have Verizon, ATT , but they'd also have the renegades etc.
These receivers will be able to project anything one would normally watch on a screen onto anything flat (wall , paper , desktop, side of a briefcase, even your hand etc.) so the current panels could become strong projecting lenses.
Lenses can be smaller to project, so development of image sensors is next.
Go RIM , MS and start developing or Apple will.
Ha ha! Im not sure the relevancy of the last part...but I have to disagree (respectfully) with the notion that Apple doesnt require constant pressure or that any good company only listens to internal voices (users included). First of all, without competition Apple could very well become stagnant in it's HW development; a sad example of this is with the legacy use of C2D (and no folks, they could have gone to discrete options and circumvented the nVidia v Intel alley fight). Apple's also behind the curve on the GPU market, and with their aged MBP display res. Now, havent we all complained about these issues to some degree?
SidBala
May 5, 11:39 PM
The question of units is not really relevant if you are not in a science/engineering field.
I am an engineering student in Canada. We solve problems in both units. But mostly we stick to SI.
The imperial system is, quite honestly, a complete mess. Most of the time, we solve the problems in SI and then convert the results to metric.
Most professors do not bother to ask questions in imperial. Solving the problem is 1000 times harder than the conversion between units.
Sure, people who already have a feel for the imperial units will prefer imperial. But if they had grown up with metric, they would prefer that.
I am an engineering student in Canada. We solve problems in both units. But mostly we stick to SI.
The imperial system is, quite honestly, a complete mess. Most of the time, we solve the problems in SI and then convert the results to metric.
Most professors do not bother to ask questions in imperial. Solving the problem is 1000 times harder than the conversion between units.
Sure, people who already have a feel for the imperial units will prefer imperial. But if they had grown up with metric, they would prefer that.
notabadname
Apr 26, 02:23 PM
As relevant as saying Apple sells more phones than Android does . . . oh wait, Android isn't a phone seller/manufacturer.
Well Apple doesn't sell its software for use on any other phones (or computers), so how is it competing with software-installed numbers on all hardware types? If people were shifting from Samsung or Motorola phones with Apple iOS to Samsung or Motorola phones with Android, than Apple would be losing in the software market.
This has always be a case of apples to broccoli (yeah, it's not even a fruit versus fruit comparison).
Well Apple doesn't sell its software for use on any other phones (or computers), so how is it competing with software-installed numbers on all hardware types? If people were shifting from Samsung or Motorola phones with Apple iOS to Samsung or Motorola phones with Android, than Apple would be losing in the software market.
This has always be a case of apples to broccoli (yeah, it's not even a fruit versus fruit comparison).

xpipe
Apr 6, 05:36 PM
I just bought the Xoom a few days ago. I had considered purchasing an iPad 2, but instead of more-or-less duplicating my previous iPad purchase, I thought I'd try something new. I have mixed feelings, but overall I am quite happy with the purchase.
The Xoom hardware seems sturdier to me, but that could just be in my head, and the device feels more powerful to me. The Xoom has a larger, higher-resolution display than the iPad, but the iPad has a much higher quality display. That's an issue for a device that is, essentially, one big screen. One aspect in particular that seems far superior to iOS on the iPad is web browsing, which is likely my most frequently-used feature of ether device. The Xoom blows either iPad away in this regard. It offers near desktop-speed performance in its included browser, with none of the checkerboards and frequent page reloads of the iPad. I'm not sure if this (page reloads) is primarily due to the greater RAM, or the fast speed of the browser; perhaps it reloads so fast it doesn't matter. I don't want to restart the whole flash debate, but I watched quite a bit of flash-based internet video and the device didn't get hot nor did the battery take a disproportionate hit. In fact, the battery life has really been great...two very long evenings of heavy usage, and there's plenty to spare.
Multitasking is also quite nice. One of the first apps I downloaded was a (free) great radio app, and as I was listening to the radio I intuitively started web browsing and going back and forth between a few other apps and it wasn't until I received and replied to a message from a friend that it occurred to me that I was having a really cool and full mobile computing experience. I feel that as iOS and Android (Honeycomb) stand right now, Android offers a lot more potential to serve my needs. To realize this potential, though, they need apps and Apple dominates in this area...not only in quantity but in the overall polish of their top-tier apps. Apple's iOS itself is likewise more polished, and the Android team definitely needs to iron out some of the wrinkles. Not showstoppers, mind you, but Apple clearly had the more mature, stable OS.
So now I have two tablets. I have two computers at my desk, an iMac and a PC, and I can use both of those, but I can't quite figure out how two tablets figure into the equation. I know I'm more excited by the Xoom than I was after I first used the iPad, and I was quite excited by the iPad. Time will tell, but I'm currently leaning more towards the Xoom.
The Xoom hardware seems sturdier to me, but that could just be in my head, and the device feels more powerful to me. The Xoom has a larger, higher-resolution display than the iPad, but the iPad has a much higher quality display. That's an issue for a device that is, essentially, one big screen. One aspect in particular that seems far superior to iOS on the iPad is web browsing, which is likely my most frequently-used feature of ether device. The Xoom blows either iPad away in this regard. It offers near desktop-speed performance in its included browser, with none of the checkerboards and frequent page reloads of the iPad. I'm not sure if this (page reloads) is primarily due to the greater RAM, or the fast speed of the browser; perhaps it reloads so fast it doesn't matter. I don't want to restart the whole flash debate, but I watched quite a bit of flash-based internet video and the device didn't get hot nor did the battery take a disproportionate hit. In fact, the battery life has really been great...two very long evenings of heavy usage, and there's plenty to spare.
Multitasking is also quite nice. One of the first apps I downloaded was a (free) great radio app, and as I was listening to the radio I intuitively started web browsing and going back and forth between a few other apps and it wasn't until I received and replied to a message from a friend that it occurred to me that I was having a really cool and full mobile computing experience. I feel that as iOS and Android (Honeycomb) stand right now, Android offers a lot more potential to serve my needs. To realize this potential, though, they need apps and Apple dominates in this area...not only in quantity but in the overall polish of their top-tier apps. Apple's iOS itself is likewise more polished, and the Android team definitely needs to iron out some of the wrinkles. Not showstoppers, mind you, but Apple clearly had the more mature, stable OS.
So now I have two tablets. I have two computers at my desk, an iMac and a PC, and I can use both of those, but I can't quite figure out how two tablets figure into the equation. I know I'm more excited by the Xoom than I was after I first used the iPad, and I was quite excited by the iPad. Time will tell, but I'm currently leaning more towards the Xoom.
AndroidfoLife
Apr 5, 03:45 PM
Silly people. No one OWNS an iPhone. They own the right to use the iPhone. Welcome to the new world where buying a product does not mean that you can do what you want with it. You can only do what the manufacturers say you can do with it.
don.keishlong
Apr 5, 09:45 PM
Hmmm... I think I'll go jailbreak my iPod touch now.
Maybe then I can get a toggle switch for wifi on my home screen. :rolleyes:
You're an idiot
Maybe then I can get a toggle switch for wifi on my home screen. :rolleyes:
You're an idiot

taylorc
Sep 15, 08:04 PM
I ordered my MacBook Pro this morning!!!!!!!
anyway I went on the website to see the ship date as soon as I could and here are the details...
MBPRO 17/2.16 CTO
2.16GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM- 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
Widescreen Display
SD 8x(DVD+R DL/DVD+/-RW/CD-RW)
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Airport Extreme Card&BT
Estimated Ship Date
Sep 26, 2006 (wow that date looks familiar?!?!)
Arrival Date
Oct 3, 2006
Either way if I get it with Merom or not I'm opening that damn box as soon as I see it.
anyway I went on the website to see the ship date as soon as I could and here are the details...
MBPRO 17/2.16 CTO
2.16GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM- 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
Widescreen Display
SD 8x(DVD+R DL/DVD+/-RW/CD-RW)
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Airport Extreme Card&BT
Estimated Ship Date
Sep 26, 2006 (wow that date looks familiar?!?!)
Arrival Date
Oct 3, 2006
Either way if I get it with Merom or not I'm opening that damn box as soon as I see it.
citizenzen
Apr 18, 09:20 PM
You clause is a great idea, but we all know that taxes never go away.
You might need to question that notion, considering that Americans today are taxed at the lowest level in over 50 years.
From the Orange County Register, April 17, 2011 ...
Taxes reach historic low (http://www.ocregister.com/news/-117079-ocprint--.html)
For the past two years, a family of four earning the median income has paid less in federal income taxes than at any time since at least 1955, according to the Tax Policy Center. All federal, state and local taxes combined are a lower percentage of per-capita income than at any time since the 1960s, according to the Tax Foundation. The highest income-tax bracket is its lowest since 1992. At 35 percent, it's well below the 50 percent mark of much of the 1980s and the 70 percent bracket of the 1970s.
So let me recommend something. It's basically a reversal of your clause. The clause would allow a taxation adjustment (which would be predetermined) once 20% of spending has been cut (or some other amount).
I could go for something along those lines too.
You might need to question that notion, considering that Americans today are taxed at the lowest level in over 50 years.
From the Orange County Register, April 17, 2011 ...
Taxes reach historic low (http://www.ocregister.com/news/-117079-ocprint--.html)
For the past two years, a family of four earning the median income has paid less in federal income taxes than at any time since at least 1955, according to the Tax Policy Center. All federal, state and local taxes combined are a lower percentage of per-capita income than at any time since the 1960s, according to the Tax Foundation. The highest income-tax bracket is its lowest since 1992. At 35 percent, it's well below the 50 percent mark of much of the 1980s and the 70 percent bracket of the 1970s.
So let me recommend something. It's basically a reversal of your clause. The clause would allow a taxation adjustment (which would be predetermined) once 20% of spending has been cut (or some other amount).
I could go for something along those lines too.
Al Coholic
Apr 23, 05:31 PM
That volcano pic is very telling... considering all the heat issues with the new MBP's.
Coincidence? I think not! :eek:
Coincidence? I think not! :eek:
deadkennedy
Apr 26, 04:34 PM
I remember the days when fanbois claimed this day will never happen.
Anyway, it will be a tough battle, I'm still not convinced Android is any better than iOS. I think Apple will fall to around 20% for both smartphone and PC market, but will maintain 50% at tablet. This is still a HUGE number for both segments.
Anyway, it will be a tough battle, I'm still not convinced Android is any better than iOS. I think Apple will fall to around 20% for both smartphone and PC market, but will maintain 50% at tablet. This is still a HUGE number for both segments.
MorphingDragon
May 6, 01:09 AM
Do you also believe MS wanted IE6 to stick around for 10 years? :rolleyes:
If you ask a web designer, yes.
Oh Charlie, you so silly.
I see what you did thar
If you ask a web designer, yes.
Oh Charlie, you so silly.
I see what you did thar
UmaThurman
Sep 11, 11:30 AM
Not to add onto the whining about merom notebooks, but I thought people a little while back were saying they'd be coming on the apple event on the 12th...:confused:
LagunaSol
Apr 18, 05:08 PM
It would be like Nintendo suing Sharp even though the 3DS screen is supplied by them.
You better believe Nintendo would sue Sharp if Sharp released a 3DS competitor that looked just like a 3DS.
You better believe Nintendo would sue Sharp if Sharp released a 3DS competitor that looked just like a 3DS.
0010101
Nov 25, 10:14 PM
Apple could very easily set up their 'own' cell network.. the same way Virgin Mobile, TracPhone, and several other cell phone companies have done.
Not by building towers and cell sites.. but by buying blocks of numbers from an existing large carrier and rebranding it as their own.
Of course, for voice and text usage, this gets expensive for the customer.. but for things like downloads of video and music files, they could simply tack on a 'wireless' surcharge.
For instance, a particular iTunes song could cost say.. $2 if downloaded with a computer.. but $2.50 if downloaded 'direct to iPod'.
It would work very simular to the way those 'pre-paid' cell phones work. You buy the iPod from the store, no contract to sign, no comitments. Take it home and 'activate' it for wireless access, then pay for what you download, and pay nothing if you never use the wireless features.
iPod wireless. Don't talk. Listen.
Send me a free 17" MacBook Pro and you can have that slogan, Steve!
That makes perfect sense to me. Especially since the data center Apple just bought would be the perfect rig of the increased download demand, as well as billing for such a service.
Not by building towers and cell sites.. but by buying blocks of numbers from an existing large carrier and rebranding it as their own.
Of course, for voice and text usage, this gets expensive for the customer.. but for things like downloads of video and music files, they could simply tack on a 'wireless' surcharge.
For instance, a particular iTunes song could cost say.. $2 if downloaded with a computer.. but $2.50 if downloaded 'direct to iPod'.
It would work very simular to the way those 'pre-paid' cell phones work. You buy the iPod from the store, no contract to sign, no comitments. Take it home and 'activate' it for wireless access, then pay for what you download, and pay nothing if you never use the wireless features.
iPod wireless. Don't talk. Listen.
Send me a free 17" MacBook Pro and you can have that slogan, Steve!
That makes perfect sense to me. Especially since the data center Apple just bought would be the perfect rig of the increased download demand, as well as billing for such a service.
islanders
Jul 23, 10:33 PM
We may see a drop in the MB at the end of a production run.
$1099 is very reasonable, esp if it is a quality product�
at that price consumers are going to evaluate features, longevity�
although I think it is a valid point to consider pricing for consumer end.
$1099 is very reasonable, esp if it is a quality product�
at that price consumers are going to evaluate features, longevity�
although I think it is a valid point to consider pricing for consumer end.
iMeowbot
Jul 30, 11:37 PM
iphone.org isn't owned by Apple, therefore, Someone who wanted to fool people and couldn't afford to pay for a .com name could have easily bought this name and just directed it to apple.com.
It is owned by Apple, and has been for years. Nobody knows why, the .org would be kind of obscure for pushing a product.
It is owned by Apple, and has been for years. Nobody knows why, the .org would be kind of obscure for pushing a product.
No comments:
Post a Comment