Thursday, May 26, 2011

portal wallpaper 1920

portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • McKellar
    Oct 6, 12:44 AM
    Finally, Apple's all about the perception. Apple has held back cpu releases because they wouldn't let a lower end cpu clock higher than a higher end chip. They did it with PPC 603&604 and I think they did it with G3 & G4.
    It's against everything Apple's ever done to have 3.0 GHz dual dual-core towers in the mid range and 2.33GHz quad-core cpus in the high end.
    I see some options here..
    Maybe we'll get the dual 2.66 quad cores in one high end system. The price will go up.

    Just a small point, but I think back in 2002? Apple's top end Quicksilver G4 towers were configured like this:

    Fast 733Mhz, Faster 867Mhz, Fastest Dual 800Mhz

    So I could see them having an octo 2.66 above a quad 3.0.





    portal wallpaper 1920. New Free Portal 2 Wallpaper
  • New Free Portal 2 Wallpaper



  • G58
    Oct 8, 03:32 AM
    Three questions:

    Are Gartner talking about the US market or the World market?

    Is this guess based on 40 different Android handsets?

    What number of iPhone carriers did they model?

    This is not only the kind of dumb prediction that so exercises Nassim Talib, it is utterly meaningless and almost certainly wrong.

    If you look at the two platforms, it's clear one [Apple's iPhone] is on a clear path that's now 28 months old. The other [Google et al's Android] is barely out of diapers, with one model down and the latest not exactly pulling up any tree roots yet.

    The old 'build it and they will come' maxim only works if what you're selling is what people want. And that's the great unknown. Actually it's an unknowable unknown. But we do have some clues.

    Apple has a loyal following and a great reputation for selling reliable software and hardware in one package. And that, as anyone who's bought a Nokia from Orange UK recently will know, is a much better solution. Oh, and women won't buy anything called 'Android'.

    I have no idea what shape the Android market will be in in two years time, but I predict two things: With 40 different models, each with a vast array of different functionality, from any number of manufacturers, they have a compatibility nightmare on their hands, and absolutely no chance of creating any kind of buzz. Indeed, Microsoft have a better chance with whatever vision of ugliness they eventually spew out!

    So, my fellow Macrumors posters, how about a wager?

    I predict the true situation by 2012 will not be as Gartner suggest. I believe Apple will have their iPhone available all over the World with multiple carriers in each region, and that Apple's iPhone App, not Android will be in the number one spot. Indeed, I question whether the experiment will grow much beyond a techie wet dream.

    I also predict that the Kindle will end up remaindered by the end of 2012. The only thing that might upset this is if they pull a colour screen and better battery out of the bag, and beat Apple's iPad on features and price. I don't see Amazon making that level of R&D investment, or being capable of leveraging that kind of buying power - ever.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • archipellago
    May 2, 04:50 PM
    That's Mac OS X installed base, not the installed base of Macs, as I said. Mac OS X is not the only Mac OS out there. Reading comprehension is fun!

    Which means, of course, that you can't back up your claims with facts.

    So? That has nothing to do with your baseless claims about hackers.

    so theres 50 mill + users of OS 9 out there when its ten years old...?

    really...?

    hmm, hope its not too windy for straw clutching over there!


    zero clue...





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • Dr.Gargoyle
    Aug 29, 01:40 PM
    There seems to be plenty of people who appear not to care about the environment, which is an extremely sad point of view.

    In the last 200 years we've cut down vast amounts of trees ( the Lungs of the earth ), polluted the seas, the atmosphere , killed off many species of animals, etc. Over all that, all you people are saying "SO WHAT?".

    Get a ****ing life.

    If this planet dies, we die. This planet is a sick one, and we have to stop polluting - what ever happens to this planet, happens to us. We pollute this planet and that has consequences on every living thing on this planet like a domino affect.

    I suppose you don't care about your children. This is not OUR planet to do what we want, its our future childrens planet. The way we are going - we will royally **** this planet up for them and they will have to live with it. There will be plenty of wars over scarce resources such as Food, water, farming land etc. This will make todays problems with terrorism a walk in the park.
    I couldnt agree more, but...
    Statements like that of Greenpeace take the focus from the big issues. Our extreme use of fossile fuel or cutting down the rain forest is a much MUCH more urgent problem.
    From an enviromental impact perspective, the your choice of computer is pretty much as a fart in hurricane. We can make a much bigger difference by e.g. get more fuel efficient car.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • calzon65
    May 5, 08:38 PM
    Great phone, crappy AT&T service, Apple should develop a version to run on Verizon.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • MacRumors
    Oct 7, 10:30 AM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/10/07/android-to-surpass-iphone-in-market-share-by-2012/)

    Computerworld reports (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9139026/Android_to_grab_No._2_spot_by_2012_says_Gartner) that research firm Gartner is forecasting significant growth in Google's Android operating system for smart phones, noting that it expects Android to surpass Apple's iPhone to claim the number two spot behind Symbian OS with 14.5% of the global smart phone market by 2012.While the first Android product release, the T-Mobile G1, only won a lukewarm response, Android 1.5 (code-named Cupcake) is well thought-out, Dulaney said. Other expected improvements in Android for its application store and development environment will be "backed by the power of Google's search engine," he said. "Google's other up-and-coming consumer and enterprise products should make[Android] a dominant platform."

    And because Android and Google operate in an "integrative and open environment, [they] could easily top ... the singular Apple," he said.

    Android will also run on phones from several manufacturers, helping its growth, especially when compared to the iPhone, Dulaney said. In as many as 40 models of Android devices will ship, and the next OS update, code-named Donut, will ship in the second quarter, Dulaney predicted.The predicted margin is small, however, with Apple predicted to grab 13.7% of the smart phone market in 2012. Both companies are forecasted to take significant share from Symbian, which currently holds approximately 50% market share but is expected to fall to 39% over that time.

    Article Link: Android to Surpass iPhone in Market Share by 2012? (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/10/07/android-to-surpass-iphone-in-market-share-by-2012/)





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper
  • portal wallpaper



  • ClimbingTheLog
    Sep 12, 03:58 PM
    I would rather have seen a mac mini with core 2 duo, better graphics support, an internal 3.5" hard drive, and HDMI.

    Don't count it out, but that's not a mass-market machine worth pre-announcing.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • MacAddict1978
    Apr 9, 11:17 AM
    One off the top of my head is that everything costs money application wise, there is very little freeware.

    Downloads.com and versiontracker.com have almost always had what I needed. Though, I really haven't needed tons of stuff like I did on Windows.

    For me it was frustrating the first day or so. Just because everything was actually easier and made sense. I didn't have to take 10 steps to do one simple thing. Emailing a picture for intance. Drag and drop it on the mail icon, and it opens attached in an email. Windows has copied a lot of that over the years.

    Keyboard shortcuts are the real big thing. Some are the same but others... like when you pull down a menu and you see characters that aren't on the keyboard Had to learn that stuff. That was annoying, but you learn them





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • corrado7
    May 5, 09:02 PM
    I have had ATT for almost three years now - and I haven't had one dropped call.

    do you make phone calls?





    portal wallpaper 1920. Video Game - Portal Wallpaper
  • Video Game - Portal Wallpaper



  • ryme4reson
    Oct 10, 02:59 AM
    Well I tested my G4 933, and I have CHUD tools installed so I can disable my L2 and L3 cache. I also could not get the java to work so I compiled with C++, its the same stuff, but I used time() with gave me seconds, so * 1000 to get the adjusted scores

    Here are my scores

    933 256L2 2MBL3 79 seconds or 79000
    933 NO L2 or L3 124 seconds or 124000
    933 L2 only 79 seconds
    933 L3 only 79 seconds

    Judging by these scores I have to think that CHUD is not working and it only worked with completely disabled. as the diff of 45 seconds.

    And you can get CHUD from apple ftp.apple.com

    Needless to say it takes me 79 seconds when a PV is completing this in 5-10 seconds, something is wrong!! (the the G4)

    Lastly, I have not seen BACKTOTHEMAC telling us how great the G4 is lately, must be installing Win 2K under VPC with a stopwatch in 1 hand, an apple in the other, and a smile on his face...

    <EDIT> I am gonna try to run this on my brothers 333 celeron on a 66MHZ bus with 320 RAM, I know my 933 is not the fastest, but maybe it just found its competition. :) </EDIT>





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • pmz
    Mar 18, 09:27 AM
    Go look up the words: entitlement, spoiled, ignorance and unfounded :)

    What the hell is your problem? AT&T has broken the law. Are you content with that?

    Do you think it's appropriate for any company to sell an unlimited service, and make every attempt possible to limit it?





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal 2 wallpaper 1920.
  • portal 2 wallpaper 1920.



  • srxtr
    Apr 20, 05:45 PM
    But just like Windows, it's practically impossible to have any problems unless you do something stupid.

    Another analogy - if you buy a car and put the wrong type of oil in it or inflate the tyres to the wrong pressure, bad things will probably happen.

    If you don't know what you're doing with your own devices then maybe you need Apple to hold your hand.

    The average user is stupid when it comes to using Windows, installing random programs, clicking yes to popups in porn sites.

    Using your analogy, Apple tends to like to check the type of oil before it goes into the car, to avoid bad things from happening.

    Most people don't know what they're doing and they DO like having Apple hold their hands.





    portal wallpaper 1920. wallpaper before I pee
  • wallpaper before I pee



  • MattInOz
    Apr 20, 06:26 PM
    But just like Windows, it's practically impossible to have any problems unless you do something stupid.

    Another analogy - if you buy a car and put the wrong type of oil in it or inflate the tyres to the wrong pressure, bad things will probably happen.

    If you don't know what you're doing with your own devices then maybe you need Apple to hold your hand.

    Ummm.... not that I'm saying it's a bad analogy....
    but... We have digital Tyre Pressure gauges these days they are far more accurate than the old manual gauges and make it easier to get the right pressure in your tyres just by attaching the hose and listening for the beeps.

    I could use a foot pump at home and get it just right, but I'd rather use that time on something that brings real value to my life. Then again if I had a child who was at tinkering age then he/she would probably have an Android phone for us both to play with, and I'd still have my set and forget iPhone.

    Oh... I would have used Fuel not Oil. I mean its easier to buy the wrong fuel than it is the wrong oil as the wrong oil doesn't tend to be sold in the same locations.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920.
  • portal wallpaper 1920.



  • KnightWRX
    May 2, 09:05 AM
    WOW! Malware that requires the user to do a Google search, then download, and install. For all of this, it asks for your credit card number.

    How can we ever defend our computers against such a diabolical threat?!

    Hum, download and install are automatic. Good thing I don't use Safari.


    As I understand it, Safari will open the zip file since it's a "safe" download. But that doesn't mean it'll execute the code within that zip file, so how is this malware executing without user permission?

    I haven't seen this malware first hand, but a zip file can be made with absolute paths, making "unzipping" the file put everything where it needs to be to start up automatically on next log in/reboot.

    Who's the brainiac who made zip files "safe" ?

    so much for the no malware on macs myth :D
    funny how the apple fanboys are getting all defensive :rolleyes:

    No viruses on the Mac. There's been malware for OS X for quite a while now.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. portal
  • portal wallpaper 1920. portal



  • i_am_a_cow
    Mar 19, 05:51 PM
    Just because a man can do a thing does not mean that he should do that thing. Whether or not you will get caught breaking the law is irrelevant to whether what you are doing is or is not legal. I can go to the supermarket or gas station and steal a bag of ice from outside without getting caught, but it doesn't mean what I'm doing is okay. You might say it's not a big deal--it only costs a dollar, and anyway the supermarket makes tons of money off the other things that they sell, and they probably don't deserve all that money because they underpay their employees.

    Moral relativism and justification might make you feel fine about doing it, but it's still wrong and it's still illegal. If you don't care, that's your thing.

    He just wants to play his music on Linux, is there something wrong with that? Are you saying that Linux is bad, and Apple is good? Do you think that Apple is doing the right thing by not preventing these issues in the first place (by failing to open up technology standards or port multimedia software to other operating systems)? I really don't think that it would be terribly difficult to port iTunes or Quicktime to Linux.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. cool
  • portal wallpaper 1920. cool



  • redkamel
    Aug 29, 06:57 PM
    3 The point is that I've never heard a satisfactory answer as to why water vapor isn't taken into effect when discussing global warming, when it is undeniably the largest factor of the greenhouse effect. ...
    Forty years ago, cars released nearly 100 times more C02 than they do today, industry polluted the atmosphere while being completely unchecked, and deforestation went untamed. Thanks to grassroots movement in the 60s and 70s (and yes, Greenpeace), worldwide pollution has been cut dramatically, and C02 pollution has been cut even more thanks to the Kyoto Agreement. But global warming continues, despite human's dramatically decreased pollution of the atmosphere.


    man I just had to post....the nerd in me...

    Probably (no sarcasm) because most water vapor is naturally produced and can be recycled as rain, while greenhouse gasses usually stay in the atmosphere. CO2 can also be recycled, however it does not recycle itself as water vapor does, it requires another source to convert it to organic carbon.

    While nature may produce 3x the CO2 as humans, I do not believe the level of CO2 produced by nature is increasing. Nature also has built in systems to use the CO2 it makes to capture energy, or to store the CO2 as carbon in fossil fuels or matter. Humans only produce CO2 by making energy for themselves to use, and their production is increasing, without a way to draw the CO2 they made back out. Therefore the increase in CO2 that will not be removed is the concern. There are also other chemicals, but CO2 is widely publicized because everyone knows what it is, too.

    Its like if you have a storeroom people drop things off in and take things out of, but it happens at pretty much the same rate. Except there is just one guy who only drops stuff off. Eventually all his stuff will take up a noticeable space in the storeroom.

    Increases in greenhouses gasses are not immedieatly felt. We are now feeling the effects of gasses from decades ago. Also, although you say 'worldwide pollution has decreased", even though I doubt it is true, you mean our RATE of poullution has decreased, not the total amount of pollution we have put in the air, which is still increasing. When we decrease the amount of net pollution produced by humans, then it is a good sign.

    Also to everyone complaining about out environment being ruined, yet want GM crops to grow food to stop starvation...(disclaimer: I am not cold hearted, I am realistic). The problem we have on this planet, as many agree, is too much pollution. Pollution is caused by people. So if we have more people, we will have more pollution. More people=more pollution.

    When a system's carrying capacity is reached, the population level declines until resources can recover, then it climbs again. But if you artificially raise the carrying capacity (as humans like to do), then the crash will be bigger....and the resources may not survive as they are deprived of the humans that run, control, and supply them.

    Believe it or not, our planet was not designed to sustain 8 billion people. Finding ways to produce food efficiently is great...but it should be used for less resources= same amount of food, NOT same resources=more food. It IS too bad people have to starve. But using that efficiency to make more food for more people will only lead to more people wanting more food, and goods. Eventually it will not be able to be supplied...for some reason or other. And you will have a very, very large crash.

    Though experiment: you put a bunch of fish in a small fish tank. Keep feeding them...they reproduce. Clean the water...feed them all, they reproduce. Eventually they waste faster than you clean, or you forget to clean one day...and they all die.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal 2 wallpaper 1920.
  • portal 2 wallpaper 1920.



  • ryme4reson
    Oct 8, 11:54 AM
    The point you had said before was that the reason x86 sucked was that it was 25 year old technology.
    For all purposes I think the PPC is a fast architecture, BUT and here is the but lets say the factor is 1.2 or 1.3, or 2.0 (for BACKTOTHEMAC) All that was well and fine when the clock speed was not a HUGE gap as it is today. Now I have the fastest Single Proc and my 933 is NOT NOT NOT the same speed as a 1.8PV or Athlon 1800+ Also, the 933 was offered by Apple only a few months ago, where a 1.8 can be had in the low end lines on the PC world where the iMac is supposed to compete.

    My 933 on the 133 bus is only going to do so much. With the 933 they increased the pipelines(just like PV to scale MHZ) and increased the cache. As far as speed, I think Windows itself is fast software(2K and XP, and the x86 as an entire arch is fast (SYS, MEM, CPU, etc) It may not be the most effecient, or crash proof but who cares, its 2-3X in terms of speed FASTER(Machine speed, not actual). OSX.x may never be as fast as its Microsoft counterpart, but the services and UI are of greater importance.

    Also, while intel released 3.0GHZ and new tech after new tech, are you still going to say Apples newest offering in 4 months say (Dual 1.4, with 2 SUPERDRIVES, or some other goodie to direct you away from its slow speed increase) is going to keep up?

    Face it, as it stands x86 is CHEAPER, and FASTER, BUT I avoid PC's at all costs. 1. I live in Cupertino (Home of Apple) 2. I am more than an Apple user, I am a fan of its products.

    This is an Apple site, and I am on an Apple as we speak, but I will not fall for the fallacious arguments you are trying to make





    portal wallpaper 1920. 2 Wallpaper (1920x1080
  • 2 Wallpaper (1920x1080



  • chirpie
    Apr 13, 11:40 AM
    I'm not too familiar with the FC app, but I'm wondering if this FCSX is the newer version of the previous $999 application... Why'd they drop the price by ~$700?

    That's not quite right.

    The $999 application wasn't just an application, it was a suite of applications.

    Motion, Compressor, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro... all of these apps were part of that $999 umbrella.

    That's why I'm surprised people are amazed by the price... it used to be this price when it was standalone a few years back.





    portal wallpaper 1920. portal wallpaper 1920. hd
  • portal wallpaper 1920. hd



  • Huntn
    Mar 13, 05:53 PM
    It's the cleanest and usually the safest type of electricity available that can produce energy on a large scale.

    When there are no accidents it is a good source of power except for the incredibly toxic waste. Murphy's Law says there must be accidents and unforeseen events.

    There are inherent risks with nuclear power and there is the waste issue yet to be solved. But likewise, there are risks for other types of power, whether it's gas, oil, coal or even hydroelectric. Choose your poison.

    Speaking of poison- ten thousand barrels of radioactive waste with a half life of 1000 years... Who gets to keep that in their backyard? I'd say launch it into space, but then have visions of a rocket malfunction requiring explosive detonation.

    Granted in the history of nuke power, there has only been one worse case scenarios, but that one was a doozy. Sure they say it can never happen but when a coal fired plant blows up it does not contaminate 4000 square miles. This makes nuclear power both wonderful and terrifying at the same time, because we all know accidents must happen. The question is how long and how big will the worst of those accidents be? Personally I'd look for other green not yellow solutions.

    http://www.scienceprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/radioactive_symbol_250.jpg

    I've read in Russia, there are areas with posted signs that say something to the effect of "Roll Up Your Windows and Drive as Fast as You can for the Next 50 miles"... Read about Chernobyl here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster_effects).

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Chernobyl_radiation_map_1996.svg/400px-Chernobyl_radiation_map_1996.svg.png





    Howdr
    Mar 18, 08:35 AM
    OMG you still done get it:

    Let's try explaining it this way...

    When you subscribe to cable, you pick a package that provides you with the channels that you want. There are various packages, but ultimately it's all just video streaming over a cable (bits in this day and age, not analog)...

    Based on yours and others arguements, why can't we all just pay for basic cable and get all 500+ channels plus the premium channels for free? Very simply, you're paying for a package with specific features....

    No no, as long as you abide by the amount of data in the plan it should not matter how you use it.

    You can't steal what you paid for, you buy 100 cable channels that is what you get and use

    You buy 2gb and use 1gb you have used 1gb no matter if its on the phone or laptop. 1gb= 1gb

    With your cellular service, you chose a package that meets your needs. You have 3 options for data plans at this point, well, 4 technically...

    1) Your grandfathered unlimited plan

    2) 250mb

    3) Data Pro 2GB

    4) Data Pro 2GB + Tethering 2GB for a total of 4GB....
    Ok? the tethering give you 2gb for the money I see that and I have read the tethering and Data pro are added to total 4gb for the charge. So you and At&t prove my point thank you! Data=Data, they add it together and it is the same.

    Tethering is not the same as using the data on your device, essentially tethering is using your phone as a modem. You data plan (which I'm assuming is either unlimited or 250mb) does not include the feature of using your phone as a modem, that's what the extra charge is for....

    If you want to tether, you need to pay for the appropriate package. Just like if you want HBO, Showtime, or HDTV you need to pay for the appropriate cable package...

    LOL no its the same use of Data as on the phone.
    Tethering does not do something different to AT&t, its just using Data
    you may not understand how Data is used from the source but I assure you there is no difference to AT&t when you tether and when you surf YOUTUBE on the phone.
    To At&t Data=Data and its been their words not mine every time its printed by them.

    So far I have not seen an argument that proves otherwise.:rolleyes:





    mr. who?
    Apr 13, 07:46 AM
    $300! Makes me think Logic Studio X might be $199.

    Hoping we see some sort of massive overhaul of Logic soon. Would be awesome.





    ATD
    Nov 1, 04:26 PM
    Sweet. That's what we needed to know. I believe he has Maya Unlimited so he should be good for the 8 cores no matter how they decide to license it.

    Is the ability to render using more than 2 cores a feature of both Maya 7 and Maya 8?

    I have Maya Unlimited and I render (mental ray) to 6 cores (a quad and a dual). This works in Maya 7 and 8. It's a pain to setup, easy for 1 computer, a pain for network setups.

    Edit, it just so happens that I started hooking up my mental ray satellite as I wrote this post. As expected it was a pain so I had to contact Atuodesk to get help. I noticed that in the setup info it suggested Maya Unlimited 8 gives you 8 additional render licenses on top of the 4 that are standard. I asked the rep if that was correct and he said yes. So that's 12 all together. :D :D :D





    I'mAMac
    Aug 29, 02:57 PM
    if anyone was wondering, Stem cells have the remarkable potential to develop into many different cell types in the body. Serving as a sort of repair system for the body, they can theoretically divide without limit to replenish other cells as long as the person or animal is still alive. When a stem cell divides, each new cell has the potential to either remain a stem cell or become another type of cell with a more specialized function, such as a muscle cell, a red blood cell, or a brain cell. wow stem cells are a life saver :)





    skunk
    Mar 28, 11:29 AM
    And I doubt you'd say, "Hi. I'm Bill McEnaney and I'm heterosexual. Pleased to meet you."He wouldn't have to: he wears his dogma on his sleeve.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment