Tuesday, May 10, 2011

prince felipe wedding

prince felipe wedding. Wedding of Prince Nikolaos and
  • Wedding of Prince Nikolaos and



  • theBB
    Aug 11, 07:28 PM
    Confused.

    Can somebody explain me the differences between the cellphone market between the US and Europe.

    Will a 'iPhone' just be marketed to the US or worldwide (as the iPod does)?

    Well, let's see, about 20 years ago, a lot of countries in Europe, Asia and elsewhere decided on a standard digital cell phone system and called it GSM. About 15 years ago GSM networks became quite widespread across these countries. In the meantime US kept on using analog cell phones. Motorola did not even believe that digital cell phone had much of a future, so it decided to stay away from this market, a decision which almost bankrupted the company.

    US started rolling out digital service only about 10 years ago. As US government does not like to dictate private companies how to conduct their business, they sold the spectrum and put down some basic ground rules, but for the most part they let the service providers use any network they wished. For one reason or another, these providers decided go with about 4 different standards at first. Quite a few companies went with GSM, AT&T picked a similar, but incompatible TDMA (IS=136?) standard, Nextel went with a proprietary standard they called iDEN and Sprint and Verizon went with CDMA, a radically different standard (IS-95) designed by Qualcomm. At the time, other big companies were very skeptical, so Qualcomm had to not only develop the underlying communication standards, but manufacture cell phones and the electronics for the cell towers. However, once the system proved itself, everybody started moving in that direction. Even the upcoming 3G system for these GSM networks, called UMTS, use a variant of CDMA technology.

    CDMA is a more complicated standard compared to GSM, but it allows the providers to cram more users into each cell, it is supposedly cheaper to maintain and more flexible in some respects. However, anybody in that boat has to pay hefty royalties to Qualcomm, dampening its popularity. While creating UMTS, GSM standards bodies did everything they could to avoid using Qualcomm patents to avoid these payments. However, I don't know how successful they got in these efforts.

    Even though Europeans here on these forums like to gloat that US did not join the worldwide standard, that we did not play along, that ours is a hodge podge of incompatible systems; without the freedom to try out different standards, CDMA would not have the opportunity to prove its feasibility and performance. In the end, the rest of the world is also reaping the benefits through UMTS/WCDMA.

    Of course, not using the same standards as everybody else has its own price. The components of CDMA cell phones cost more and the system itself is more complicated, so CDMA versions of cell phones hit the market six months to a year after their GSM counterparts, if at all. The infrastructure cost of a rare system is higher as well, so AT&T had to rip apart its network to replace it with GSM version about five years after rolling it out. Sprint is probably going to convert Nextel's system in the near future as well.

    I hope this answers your question.





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe The Queen hosts
  • Prince Felipe The Queen hosts



  • Sine Qua Non
    Apr 25, 03:47 PM
    [QUOTE=killr_b;12458559]As a consumer, why should I be subjected to this risk which doesn't benefit me in the slightest? And why should this data be "backed up," secretly, to my computer?[QUOTE]

    Your phone stores this so as to keep from having to re-install connection locations every time you move a few hundred feet. It's "subjecting" you to better battery life by not having to work as hard to keep you connected. Oh noes.

    ...And it backs up the data for the same reason it backs up EVERYTHING when you sync -- so you can restore without losing any of the data on the phone.

    What, you want crappy battery life, slower speeds, and loss of data if you need to restore your phone?

    .

    All I can say is that I've encountered none of these horrors since installing untrackerd last week.





    prince felipe wedding. prince felipe wedding.
  • prince felipe wedding.



  • macwrangler
    Apr 27, 08:26 AM
    correct. wasn't sure how long it would take for people in general to get up in arms about location privacy on the idevices... what did people think was going to happen??

    such it is, our electronic tethers are really leashes.

    Then, those of you who are in this train-of-thought should stop buying electronics. Did you know that your computer stores data of where you've been on the internet...AND...your location? Your GPS stores data...your...well, you get the point.





    prince felipe wedding. Spanish Prince Felipe wedding
  • Spanish Prince Felipe wedding



  • Silentwave
    Aug 27, 06:58 PM
    That's the old pricing mate :) 1.83 GHz Yonah/ Merom is $240.

    Now. But how much have iMac prices changed since release? I don't think they have. They released the iMac and MBP lines around the same time Yonah was intro'ed, and the iMacs did not see any speed bumps or price changes that I know of. Therefore they should be able to implement similar pricing with Conroe @ 2.4GHz, just with a profit margin closer to the iMac release amounts.

    Of course they could always go for the 2.13GHz version, which is less expensive, and still plenty faster than the existing 1.83 :)





    prince felipe wedding. August 27, 2010. Crown
  • August 27, 2010. Crown



  • steadysignal
    Apr 8, 07:16 AM
    Screwing around is how they lost Macs in the first place. They wanted to only sell certain iMac Colors and Apple said you can sell what we send or not at all, that's why Apple left them in the first place years ago. Then they cam back with the "store in a store" concept.

    new information for me. did not know that BB sold :apple: product in the past. i had thought the store in a store thing was BBs first foray.

    i don't understand why apple would have issues with BB - isn't more exposure good? or is this just a matter of any attention (good or bad) is good?





    prince felipe wedding. prince felipe wedding.
  • prince felipe wedding.



  • Leoff
    Sep 19, 07:28 AM
    Sorry but I've heard this so many times it gets pretty annoying. Dont assume to know what ppl want to use their Macbooks for. I want to use it for music production which can be very intensive on the processor, other people for graphics etc where a few seconds shaved off processing times when added up many times can make quite a difference to productivity.

    Also, when the new chips come out it will instantly knock a chunk off the resell value - yes this is always the way with technology but buying when an update is coming soon seems silly.

    It gets annoying. Why? Because it's true and most people don't want to admit it.

    In a few cases here and there, the extra processor power/speed is going to help. But for a majority of people buying a MacBook, they're not going to be burning home-made DVD's, doing intense Music compositions, or using it for hard-core gaming. They're going to SURF and WRITE.

    As for the "resale" value, again, most people who are buying a used MacBook are NOT going to ask "is it a Merom?" They're going to ask how nice the case is, how much use it's gotten, and how much it is, and that's it.

    Everybody likes to play "ooo, I'm the hard-core computing whiz and I need the BEST out there", but I bet you if you took an honest poll out there of everyone who's answered this thread, you'd find at least 75% these Apple fans have no need for for the extra speed, they just want it because it's "cool" and "fast" and it's the latest thing out there.





    prince felipe wedding. Crown Prince Felipe and
  • Crown Prince Felipe and



  • OutThere
    Apr 27, 09:13 AM
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2711155/posts?q=1&;page=101

    There you have it. The birthers aren't satisfied. I knew it.

    The tinfoilhatism in the comments on that link is out of hand.





    prince felipe wedding. of Crown Prince Felipe,
  • of Crown Prince Felipe,



  • drlunanerd
    Aug 25, 05:08 PM
    I've just come out the other side of a protracted saga with AppleCare.

    Bought my first personal Apple laptop, a MacBook, in May (having supported and bought a lot of their hardware over the years in my job).

    It had a couple of faults so I decided to send it in to get repaired.
    It took them 2 months to get a working laptop back to me.

    After 1 month I had the original MacBook returned, which they hadn't repaired at all, apparently due to spare parts availabilty problems.

    After another 2 weeks they sent a replacement MacBook. Which was DOA. At this point I asked for a refund as I had no confidence in the quality control of the product.

    Customer Relations then offered me an upgrade to a new Macbook Pro, which I have now and am happy with.

    So a happy ending, but a disgracefully long wait to get to it. Unfortunately this has been my experience with AppleCare over the years - it takes far too long to get hardware repaired - whether you take it to an Authorised Repair Centre or send it to AppleCare. It's useless in a business environment. At the least Apple need to add a next business day service, just like all the other 'tier one' PC manufacturers do. I'm baffled why Apple don't offer this.





    prince felipe wedding. prince felipe wedding.
  • prince felipe wedding.



  • zacman
    Apr 6, 04:11 PM
    That didn't actually happen.

    Yeah, like the "bogus numbers" that indicated that back in Q2(?)/2010 Android outsold iOS in the US. Steve is it you? :D





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe,
  • Prince Felipe,



  • FreeState
    Mar 2, 09:54 PM
    Why is most straight people assume that gay people do all those? I'm gay and I don't do a thing in that article. I know.. I'm boring but hey that's not the point.





    prince felipe wedding. My Royal Wedding Recap
  • My Royal Wedding Recap



  • Multimedia
    Sep 13, 01:21 PM
    A bit pointless given that no software utilises the extra cores yet. But nice to know, I guess.No software such as, Cinema 4D, Motion, Aperture, Final Cut Pro etcNo software such as Toast 7.1, Handbrake UB. More to the point is not how many cores an application can use but rather how many things you can get done at once. :rolleyes:From my usage of FCP, Compressor, Aperture and DVDSP, they work very well with the MacPro but I haven't seen them approach usage of even 3 full cores.

    Ability to multistask is great but I would not say that any one of the above is using all cores the way we want them to. I would contend that this is coming and pointed out in another thread that some of the FCP benchmarks on Apple's MacPro performance page are footnoted that the figures given were using Beta version of FCP.I think in the next few months the full FCS and Logic will get an update to address this.





    prince felipe wedding. In This Photo: Prince Felipe
  • In This Photo: Prince Felipe



  • maelstromr
    Apr 25, 02:55 PM
    Where did I say Apple is exploiting me?:confused:

    Apple did a shoddy programming job by not encrypting the data. Thaty is why Apple is under pressure by the various govenments and rightfully so. Nobody says Apple is using this data in a malicious way. (aside of this lawsuit but that is only here in the USA and stupid and greed driven by lawyers and totally besides the real issue)

    Maybe next time read the post you are responding to - rather negatively to boot. The post I quoted discussed Apple exploiting people.





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe and Letizia
  • Prince Felipe and Letizia



  • aswitcher
    Aug 6, 07:34 AM
    MBP owners don't need to worry yet. AnandTech (http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2808&p=1)

    "The biggest performance gains are associated with 3D rendering and media encoding tasks. While Core 2 Duo does look nice, as long as you've got a good notebook today you'll probably want to wait until Santa Rosa before upgrading (at the earliest). With Santa Rosa, clock speeds will go up slightly but more importantly we'll get access to a faster FSB. Unfortunately a side-effect of keeping Core 2 Duo fed with a faster FSB is that while performance may go up, battery life may go down. For Apple users this means that early adopters of the new MacBook or MacBook Pro won't be too pressured to upgrade again by the end of this year. Of course Apple has this way of making incremental changes irresistible."

    Thats great news. I was wondering if a 6 week old machine was going to be left in the dust by the new chips. Santa Rosa april 2007?





    prince felipe wedding. prince felipe spain. WEDDING
  • prince felipe spain. WEDDING



  • freeny
    Aug 7, 04:18 PM
    Time Machine looks pretty sweet. How do you think it will work in terms of space requirements?
    you would be safe in assuming to have double the amount of space used by files on your main HD. This will end up being like RAM, The more you have the better it will serve you....

    Lacie is very excited about this im sure:D





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe Of Spain Prince
  • Prince Felipe Of Spain Prince



  • tekmoe
    Aug 26, 04:34 PM
    hoping for a 13" mbp but it's doubtful...





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe and Princess
  • Prince Felipe and Princess



  • Georgie
    Aug 26, 02:55 PM
    Dude. You bought Rev. A machines. I've bought -- EIGHTEEN Macs over the past two years and -- nope NO problems. Granted, they are all PowerPc Macs. Just bought the final Rev. PowerPC 12" Powerbook G4 last week. I'm pleased as punch.

    Sorry about your luck but you bought Rev. A machines. The only Rev A machine I ever bought from Apple was the Titanium (tibook) 400mhz G4 Powerbook in August of 2001. Three years later, almost to the day the warranty ended, Apple replaced almost the whole machine under Applecare. That was about my only trouble with Apple, and the problem with the machine was that I was really scared and all thumbs when it came to putting in a stick of memory -- broke the holders and they sent a whole new logic board. That machine is still going strong, with a DayStar CPU upgrade, in a friend's office, and it's got years left in her.

    Three of my friends still are on 1998 and 1999 iMacs, going strong with new harddrives only. Two of my other friends are on 2001 and 2000 year iMacs -- one with the same hard drive. Two friends are on 2001/2000 iBooks, going strong. My sister and two other friends are on year 2002 iMacs. All kicking butt. Personally, I prefer my year 2002 667mhz VGA Titanium Powerbook (on it right now) to my other machines and will be upgrading the CPU to 1.2ghz in a few months at Daystar. All to say that Apple makes kickbutt machines. Sorry about your luck. Oh, and again, forgot to mention that since i've been on Apple since 1989, I never had a virus. I bought NOrton Anti Virus out of ignorance once inthe 90's and once in but promptly took it off the puters, unnecessary.

    If I were you, I'd have started off with the top of the line G5 2.1ghz 20" iMac (with iSight) and a 14" 1.42ghz iBook. You understand, these are the top of the line of the great PowerPC line of Apple products. It's like buying a 1989 560SL Mercedes (last year) or a 1968 Mustang convertible. I'd ask Apple for a trade 'em in for your rev a machines at least until Rev C Mactels.

    Ohhh, Rev A!

    I guess I wasn't watching carefully or listening intently when they explained that part in the commercials. Did anyone else hear Mac-dude explain that I would be buying a "Rev A" product and should expect it to fail within three months? Maybe that's what he was saying in Japanese with Camera-chick.

    This "Rev A" excuse doesn't hold water. See, had I known that I might not have bought a Mac at all. And if it's true I should expect my $2000 to buy a broken toaster then I also expect Apple to replace it, not make up excuses. As far as that goes, they should pay me to QC their products.





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe Princess
  • Prince Felipe Princess



  • leroypants
    Apr 8, 07:40 AM
    BestBuy are some of the most notorious criminals in this country and Apple should pull out completely from their worthless trash retail stores.

    This scam BestBuy is pulling is just the lastest in a long series of scams from the mafia of retail. Steve Jobs is pulling an Eliot Ness, he's the only one who can take these criminals down. Good for Apple.

    Code red.

    http://www.designinginteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Apple-Fanboy-Alert-small.jpg





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe and Princess
  • Prince Felipe and Princess



  • Multimedia
    Aug 21, 05:43 AM
    I stopped by the Apple store tonight to play with a Macpro. I'm getting ready to buy and thought I'd get some hands on experience to see how it performed with Finalcut Pro. I was especially interested in how it handles playback of uncompressed footage.

    The store had a 2.6 hooked up to a 30"ACD. Everything on the machine was stock. I launched FCP and it appeared with a project already loaded (about 5 seconds). The project was a simple 20-30 second 720x480 NTSC clip of hockey game footage. I selected the clip and copied it to a new layer and threw a blend mode on it AND changed the speed to 85%. Next I copied and made another layer and changed the speed and offset it and changed the transparency to 80%. 3 layers total with the top two manipulated. I hit the render and it finished in about 30 seconds. :)

    I know, not very scientific, but I just wanted to get a feel for how fast the Macpro would render manipulated footage. Anyhow, next I changed the output in project settings to "uncompressed" and hit render again. Again, it took less than a minute to render and the CPU usage in console was maxing out at only 42% per core.

    Once the render completed, I hit the play button to see how the stock Macpro would handle playback of the uncompressed footage. It played for about 4 seconds then threw an error saying that frames were being dropped during playback. Not good. I was hoping that the Macpro would be able to play uncompressed footage from the timeline without 3rd party acceleration or setting up a raid. The error message suggested turning off RT effects (of which I did, but still had dropped frames) or get a faster drive. There was a couple other things the error suggested, but I can't remember at the moment. I wonder if having the ATI card would have made a difference? Not sure if FCP uses the GPU for playback, but I would think that should make a difference. Ram would probably help too. Anyone know what might be going on? Am I expecting too much out of this machine?

    Sorry for sort of getting off topic. I thought this might be an appropriate area to post this; I wasn't feeling up to starting a new thread.That's great info. Would you please tell us:

    1. How fast that is compared to what Mac model-speed you are currently using?

    2. IE Were you impressed or not so impressed with how fast-slow it rendered?

    3. What kind of speed were you expecting?

    I'm no expert, but my guess is that the lack of RAM may have been the culprit. Need more independent tests like this from other FCP users. Thanks a lot. :)





    prince felipe wedding. Prince Felipe Of Spain Crown
  • Prince Felipe Of Spain Crown



  • addicted44
    Apr 19, 02:50 PM
    But it doesn't make sense to a lot of us. The monthly fees on an iPhone are just too much for a lot of budgets. You pay your iPod touch once and that's it. No more to pay every month after that.

    Yeah, but everyone has a phone.

    Not everyone buys an iPod.

    Additionally, the iPod touch has to compete with all the other iPod models.





    SeattleMoose
    Apr 5, 07:17 PM
    When they revamped Logic Pro they cut the price from $999 to $499.....fingers crossed for FCP.





    RichP
    Sep 13, 08:19 AM
    Nice! Im with iGary and others, soon as they are out, Im buying. That should correspond nicely with the release of CS3.

    Im doing work in Alias these days, I can only imagine how 8 cores could do a render!

    Suprised the MacPro could handle the heat of 8 cores with its 4-core heatsink design. I read the article about Kentsfield on Tom's Hardware, and that chip made ALOT of heat; these are basically the same chip.

    EDIT: Who knows, the hot setup may be a refurb'ed MacPro 2.0Ghz, then drop in better CPUs!





    daze
    Aug 27, 12:29 PM
    Speaking of wish expectations Multimedia;

    I know you're hangin' out for Santa Rosa. The article mentions that it's expected in early 2007. Do you think that would be the date for official announcement of production-standard architecture, or actual availability announcement?

    Seems very early to be shipping...

    I could go out in September and get a Merom notebook, but I don't mind waiting 6 months for Santa Rosa to hit the street.
    Why not wait for the one after Santa Rosa? Then the one after... ;)





    CFreymarc
    Apr 12, 01:23 AM
    I hope not. I want the 5 now :)

    Correction, the iPhone 4G starts production in September.





    AidenShaw
    Sep 15, 09:53 AM
    More pedantic details for those who are interested... :).
    Any description of the history of NT that doesn't say "Mica" and "Prism" is missing some major details ;) !

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEC_PRISM



    No comments:

    Post a Comment