Stella
Apr 5, 03:36 PM
You can nit-pick it all you want. $99 is nothing for a quality program like what Apple offers to developers. Plus, you can still get the SDK for free. You can still develop for free. It's just if you want "in" on the AppStore and other resources, you pay. So... again... what's the beef?
Didn't you understand "I'm not paying $99 to be able to use my own applications on my own device, on a yearly basis"? :-) EDIT: OK maybe this a bit harsh.. so... i'll expand:
Sure you can offically freely develop iPhone applications, but only targeted towards the Simulator - not a device. You need to pay $99 to put the applications on a real device.
Sure - if I wanted to develop applications for the iOS AppStore I'd have no problems with paying Apple $99.
There are plenty of forums besides the IDP developer forums for Cocoa Touch help. I don't need the other Apple paid for resources.
Didn't you understand "I'm not paying $99 to be able to use my own applications on my own device, on a yearly basis"? :-) EDIT: OK maybe this a bit harsh.. so... i'll expand:
Sure you can offically freely develop iPhone applications, but only targeted towards the Simulator - not a device. You need to pay $99 to put the applications on a real device.
Sure - if I wanted to develop applications for the iOS AppStore I'd have no problems with paying Apple $99.
There are plenty of forums besides the IDP developer forums for Cocoa Touch help. I don't need the other Apple paid for resources.
toddybody
Apr 7, 01:11 PM
People keep saying this like if they say it enough it will make it true.
The iPad and iPad 2 were designed, created, released and supported with ZERO Competition.
Apple creates products and experiences for their customers. I know it is hard to believe that everyone is just not as lazy as they need to be, and only do something if someone else pushes them but it is possible.
What people don't seem to realize is APPLE is the COMPETITION that pushes the others, not the other way around. Apple destroyed the MP3 player market made with sucky products. They destroyed the smartphone market made with sucky products, they created the tablet market. They don't need competition, but all these other companies need Apple to steamroll them I guess.
Sorry, I think youre inferring that Im in agreement with the idea that Apple purposefully stuck it to other panel customers...Im not. Im saying that whatever the reasons are, its not a good thing for other tablet manufactures. Stay well!
The iPad and iPad 2 were designed, created, released and supported with ZERO Competition.
Apple creates products and experiences for their customers. I know it is hard to believe that everyone is just not as lazy as they need to be, and only do something if someone else pushes them but it is possible.
What people don't seem to realize is APPLE is the COMPETITION that pushes the others, not the other way around. Apple destroyed the MP3 player market made with sucky products. They destroyed the smartphone market made with sucky products, they created the tablet market. They don't need competition, but all these other companies need Apple to steamroll them I guess.
Sorry, I think youre inferring that Im in agreement with the idea that Apple purposefully stuck it to other panel customers...Im not. Im saying that whatever the reasons are, its not a good thing for other tablet manufactures. Stay well!
ptysell
Apr 26, 04:17 PM
"Android" makes money? Really? Can you provide me with a link of how much Android makes?
Googles revenue from the entire Android platform is just under 1 billion dollars per yer.
On the other hand Apples revenue is 1.4 billion per quarter for iTunes alone.
Googles revenue from the entire Android platform is just under 1 billion dollars per yer.
On the other hand Apples revenue is 1.4 billion per quarter for iTunes alone.
miamijim
Nov 11, 01:02 AM
I have installed this and am running it now but I do have 1.75 TB of data on my drives to go through, I will update this when the scan is complete.
It all looks nice and simple anyway so far.
:)
5 hours of scanning 2.4 million files ......
1 virus.
And what was it...... An old rar file back up of a piece of windows software.
All cleaned up now......
It all looks nice and simple anyway so far.
:)
5 hours of scanning 2.4 million files ......
1 virus.
And what was it...... An old rar file back up of a piece of windows software.
All cleaned up now......
EricNau
Nov 26, 10:37 AM
Looks like that 8 pound, 10" iPod might be true after all. :D
Seriously though, I'm sure Apple has a tablet prototype, but I'm doubtful that they'll release one in 2007.
Seriously though, I'm sure Apple has a tablet prototype, but I'm doubtful that they'll release one in 2007.
wclyffe
Dec 27, 01:34 PM
Hey well my girlfriend just got me a kit for Christmas, and it works great. I've be on a trip with a total drive time of 18 to 20
hours, and I haven't had a problem, and it actually improves my iPhone 3g function since it doesn't have to use the native gps chip. So I think it is a good product. Good luck with BLT!!!
Glad to hear, and congrats! I just saw BLT has them in stock so mine will likely be shipping out tomorrow!
hours, and I haven't had a problem, and it actually improves my iPhone 3g function since it doesn't have to use the native gps chip. So I think it is a good product. Good luck with BLT!!!
Glad to hear, and congrats! I just saw BLT has them in stock so mine will likely be shipping out tomorrow!
AidenShaw
Mar 29, 03:08 PM
Prayers for our Japanese friends!!
No, "best wishes" for our Japanese friends.
"Prayers" to the flying spaghetti monster are a waste of time - put the people of Japan into your thoughts, don't involve some ficticious deity.
No, "best wishes" for our Japanese friends.
"Prayers" to the flying spaghetti monster are a waste of time - put the people of Japan into your thoughts, don't involve some ficticious deity.
natharvey
Mar 30, 05:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I agree, I just want dome minor UI changes. nothing too major. can't wait for Lion!
I agree, I just want dome minor UI changes. nothing too major. can't wait for Lion!
kretzy
Sep 11, 07:00 AM
Just trying to hedge off the 5,123 "This is BS, no MBP/MB updates OMG!!!11BBQ" threads. ;)
You know it won't work though, don't you? :p
I agree with your assessment though. :)
You know it won't work though, don't you? :p
I agree with your assessment though. :)
maccompaq
Jan 5, 04:20 PM
With full respect for your decisions, if you'll pardon me, I think that's a little bit crackers. :D
How do you know if your machine isn't part of a botnet? Have you eschewed only AV and simply subsist on your router f/wall and software firewall? Only run as user not admin? None of the above? Something else?
I have a bunch of Windows and Mac computers in my house. Everything is backed up onto every computer. If I should ever get a virus, I would just go to another computer. The infected computer would be reformatted later without a worry about losing anything.
I would know immediately if ever infected by a botnet.
How do you know if your machine isn't part of a botnet? Have you eschewed only AV and simply subsist on your router f/wall and software firewall? Only run as user not admin? None of the above? Something else?
I have a bunch of Windows and Mac computers in my house. Everything is backed up onto every computer. If I should ever get a virus, I would just go to another computer. The infected computer would be reformatted later without a worry about losing anything.
I would know immediately if ever infected by a botnet.
SuperMatt
Apr 25, 09:24 AM
If somebody steals your phone, this info would be the LEAST of your worries. Get over it. This is the panic of the week. Everybody will forget about it in no time.
daveL
Aug 4, 02:59 PM
Intel said they expect Merom-based machines to be available for purchase toward the end of August. What's this about Apple receiving a large shipment of CPUs in September? They'd be a month behind the rest of the market by the time they started delivering systems. Intel said they were shipping Merom when they announced their earnings for last quarter.
kennethalan
Apr 20, 08:18 AM
So then when will the iphone 6 come out? June 2012 or September 2012 or a completely different month?
I don't know if I should buy an iPhone 4 now, wait and buy the iPhone 5, or wait a long time and buy the iPhone 6 in hopes that it's a major refresh.
I don't know if I should buy an iPhone 4 now, wait and buy the iPhone 5, or wait a long time and buy the iPhone 6 in hopes that it's a major refresh.
lilo777
Apr 18, 03:02 PM
Have you looked at the TouchWiz UI? It's almost identical to iOS - dock at the bottom, pages of icons in a grid and you even remove applications in the same way as you do on the iPhone. I've nothing at all against competition for iOS, but they shouldn't just rip the design off
http://www.sizzledcore.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Galaxy-S-24-375x500.jpg
Have you seen Windows GUI? It's also almost identical - rows of icons and task bar at the bottom. Did Microsoft sue Apple? No.
http://www.sizzledcore.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Galaxy-S-24-375x500.jpg
Have you seen Windows GUI? It's also almost identical - rows of icons and task bar at the bottom. Did Microsoft sue Apple? No.

ticman
Nov 7, 12:00 PM
I assume u have the unit. I am most interested in where u mounted

Prince-William-amp;-Kate-

prince william, kate middleton

kate middleton wedding dress

Prince William#39;s godfather is
milo
Aug 11, 02:58 PM
Remember, we're almost at 6 months with the Mac Mini, and it's seen neither a chip upgrade nor a speed bump.
So it's definitely due for one. You don't really think they'll go a year before it's upgraded, do you?
So it's definitely due for one. You don't really think they'll go a year before it's upgraded, do you?
moet_01
Aug 12, 06:35 PM
You're wrong. The promotion is for ANY mac before September 16, as Nuks said. They can't (and won't) change the terms of the promotion before it expires.
I'm planning to order a MBP and a nano right after Paris. If MBPs come out before Paris, I'm still going to wait to see if they revise the nano...that would make up for the 3 months of waiting to get the MBP.
Not sure why you guys think you will get a free iPod with a new MBP.. Did you read the Terms and conditions? Where does it list the new MBP ?
http://www.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/?cid=WWW-EUUK-BTS20060801-8EBFY
They did add the Mac Pro so you guys still have hopes to get a free iPod if released in time.
I'm planning to order a MBP and a nano right after Paris. If MBPs come out before Paris, I'm still going to wait to see if they revise the nano...that would make up for the 3 months of waiting to get the MBP.
Not sure why you guys think you will get a free iPod with a new MBP.. Did you read the Terms and conditions? Where does it list the new MBP ?
http://www.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/?cid=WWW-EUUK-BTS20060801-8EBFY
They did add the Mac Pro so you guys still have hopes to get a free iPod if released in time.
mabaker
Apr 25, 09:02 AM
Google servers are receiving every single bit of tracking info. Apple’s servers don’t. As easy. Let’s not forget this big picture here.
Besides if you encrypt your backup, nothing can happen. Thank you, have a good day.
Besides if you encrypt your backup, nothing can happen. Thank you, have a good day.
matt90036
Apr 6, 05:33 PM
Score, iPad2=1, Xoom=0.
but really, if we adjust for # of sales the score is more like:
ipad2=20, Xoom=1
you really dont know what you talking about. less competion means apple is winning and consumers are loosing.
but really, if we adjust for # of sales the score is more like:
ipad2=20, Xoom=1
you really dont know what you talking about. less competion means apple is winning and consumers are loosing.
Multimedia
Sep 17, 01:45 AM
well i just placed my order for a 15" MBP 2.0 base model w/ an iPod 60GB
i chatted with a rep and pointed out that i have 14 days to return. i have 30 days to submit the iPod rebate (which requires a upc cut from MBP box)
so my status shows ship date of the 19th and arrival of the 26th!
so kinda in a pickle with dates but the 60GB will only cost me $120 in the end.
BTW, Im a first time mac buyer even though ive used em for years at work!
http://static.flickr.com/81/244990126_78cbf5958d.jpgYou couldn't buy the new 80GB iPod at the new lower price of only $349? Man you are buying an obsolete inferior iPod. That is plain lame short sightedness. :eek:
If I were you I would phone back and insist on the new 80GB model for sure.
i chatted with a rep and pointed out that i have 14 days to return. i have 30 days to submit the iPod rebate (which requires a upc cut from MBP box)
so my status shows ship date of the 19th and arrival of the 26th!
so kinda in a pickle with dates but the 60GB will only cost me $120 in the end.
BTW, Im a first time mac buyer even though ive used em for years at work!
http://static.flickr.com/81/244990126_78cbf5958d.jpgYou couldn't buy the new 80GB iPod at the new lower price of only $349? Man you are buying an obsolete inferior iPod. That is plain lame short sightedness. :eek:
If I were you I would phone back and insist on the new 80GB model for sure.
dernhelm
Nov 22, 05:38 AM
Not PC guys, but good industrial and interface designers will. Starting with a clean sheet with little or no knowledge on the subject is an advantage; you tend to have different perceptions on how things work/could work. This gives a far greater idea base with simpler implementations as a result.
Advantage Apple.
So Apple has an advantage here because they have no experience in a market where it traditionally takes to get a device right? No, Apple doesn't have an advantage, any more than they did with the iPod - but they didn't need that advantage then either.
Apple could change the way phones are made as well, but only if they rethink the device from the ground up. Most phones have too many features that it takes too long to figure out how to use, don't have enough battery life, and are too painful to get hooked up to your computer so you can transfer photos and songs back and forth. Apple has the synchronization stuff down. If you can sync it like an iPod - and charge it in the process, its already leaps above most phones out there. But they cannot miss the interface.
If they want a camera on it (optional in my opinion) they have to make it dirt simple to use (scroll wheel to zoom, middle button to snap) and to get the photos taken on it into iPhoto. Otherwise, skip it altogether. And please don't make me fumble around to find the right button to hit to answer a call. Open it to answer the call, close it to hang up. And if you aren't going to put the number buttons in a tranditional layout - don't put them on there at all. I don't have the time or energy to learn some idiotic circular arrangement. I'd rather you put the numbers up on a touch screen and let me smudge up my phone than deal with a non-standard button arrangement. It also has to be hearty - I don't have time for a phone that stops working if I drop it 3 feet onto a carpeted floor.
It goes on and on. And that is why the interviewee is saying it's so hard. Apple does a pretty good job of industrial design, but even they may need an iteration or two to get it right. And in the mean time the current players could play some catch up.
Advantage Apple.
So Apple has an advantage here because they have no experience in a market where it traditionally takes to get a device right? No, Apple doesn't have an advantage, any more than they did with the iPod - but they didn't need that advantage then either.
Apple could change the way phones are made as well, but only if they rethink the device from the ground up. Most phones have too many features that it takes too long to figure out how to use, don't have enough battery life, and are too painful to get hooked up to your computer so you can transfer photos and songs back and forth. Apple has the synchronization stuff down. If you can sync it like an iPod - and charge it in the process, its already leaps above most phones out there. But they cannot miss the interface.
If they want a camera on it (optional in my opinion) they have to make it dirt simple to use (scroll wheel to zoom, middle button to snap) and to get the photos taken on it into iPhoto. Otherwise, skip it altogether. And please don't make me fumble around to find the right button to hit to answer a call. Open it to answer the call, close it to hang up. And if you aren't going to put the number buttons in a tranditional layout - don't put them on there at all. I don't have the time or energy to learn some idiotic circular arrangement. I'd rather you put the numbers up on a touch screen and let me smudge up my phone than deal with a non-standard button arrangement. It also has to be hearty - I don't have time for a phone that stops working if I drop it 3 feet onto a carpeted floor.
It goes on and on. And that is why the interviewee is saying it's so hard. Apple does a pretty good job of industrial design, but even they may need an iteration or two to get it right. And in the mean time the current players could play some catch up.
nbs2
Nov 22, 02:08 PM
Other than confusing everyone with too many options, no. <snip>
You break my heart. Something tells me that this won't be the phone for me. I would put money on it having the one thing I don't want - a camera. I don't want it, I don't need it, and it's a pain to have one.
Although, I was thinking that there would be just a couple of BTO options - maybe a camera and BT - not an entire gamut of BTO possabilities. I agree that too many would be expensive (and the firmware would end up too complicated).
You break my heart. Something tells me that this won't be the phone for me. I would put money on it having the one thing I don't want - a camera. I don't want it, I don't need it, and it's a pain to have one.
Although, I was thinking that there would be just a couple of BTO options - maybe a camera and BT - not an entire gamut of BTO possabilities. I agree that too many would be expensive (and the firmware would end up too complicated).
Super Dave
Jul 30, 05:26 AM
Apple owns iphone.org (ownership info) (http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.iphone.org). It just mirrors their homepage, but has a different IP. It appears they've owned it for a while. Is this old news?
Ancient. At least 3 years, maybe more.
David :cool:
Ancient. At least 3 years, maybe more.
David :cool:
doubleusn
Mar 28, 09:45 AM
Maybe not at WWDC, but I don't see them waiting till Fall to put out new iPhone hardware, hold iOS5 till then, maybe, but not new hardware.
They risk losing people to Android, WebOS, etc... as the remaining iPhone3GS people all start coming off of contract, and nobody will go iPhone4 knowing 5 is just months away.
This waiting around also gives 3GS users a few months to check out other products (new Pre w/WebOS, etc). Apple does not want people looking around during that break time.
They risk losing people to Android, WebOS, etc... as the remaining iPhone3GS people all start coming off of contract, and nobody will go iPhone4 knowing 5 is just months away.
This waiting around also gives 3GS users a few months to check out other products (new Pre w/WebOS, etc). Apple does not want people looking around during that break time.
No comments:
Post a Comment