lord patton
Aug 16, 11:31 PM
(sideshow bob)The Power PC...The!!!(/sideshow bob)
Bravo.
I don't know what ROFL stands for, but from context-clues, I'm thinking it means pretty damn funny. In which case, ROFL, dude.
Bravo.
I don't know what ROFL stands for, but from context-clues, I'm thinking it means pretty damn funny. In which case, ROFL, dude.
Cougarcat
Mar 26, 03:41 PM
You're too lost in a programing manual to see the point people are making. Blending is taking 2 things and mixing them together, or parts of things. Merging would be taking 2 things to make 1 new thing. Don't be so literal.
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but that isn't the point the guy I quoted was making. He was being that literal: "Step 2 may very well be the one & only Apple OS - based on iOS." This is absurd. Obviously OS X is taking cues from iOS. As you say, they've said so. But that's all that they are doing. (Now, might a Mac at some point use iOS in some way? Sure. Imagine a trackpad that was basically an iPod touch, or being able to fold our MacBook screens flat, which would boot iOS and turn it into an iPad. I'm sure Apple has some interesting things cooking in their labs. But OS X as we know it isn't disappearing.)
There's a group of doom and gloom people on these boards that believe OS X will go away and we'll have one OS which we'll poking at our screens with no access to the underlying file system and we'll have to start jailbreaking our Macs. This line of thinking is idiotic.
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but that isn't the point the guy I quoted was making. He was being that literal: "Step 2 may very well be the one & only Apple OS - based on iOS." This is absurd. Obviously OS X is taking cues from iOS. As you say, they've said so. But that's all that they are doing. (Now, might a Mac at some point use iOS in some way? Sure. Imagine a trackpad that was basically an iPod touch, or being able to fold our MacBook screens flat, which would boot iOS and turn it into an iPad. I'm sure Apple has some interesting things cooking in their labs. But OS X as we know it isn't disappearing.)
There's a group of doom and gloom people on these boards that believe OS X will go away and we'll have one OS which we'll poking at our screens with no access to the underlying file system and we'll have to start jailbreaking our Macs. This line of thinking is idiotic.
srf4real
Aug 25, 10:01 PM
I hope Apple doesn't go the way of every other corporation that gets huge and loses sight of the bread and butter- customer base. In a world full of computers, I want to be helped by a human with common sense. Apple support has always been good to me, although I haven't needed a thing since buying my G4 mini last summer and signing up a dotmac account. (just to end on a positive note:)

dethmaShine
Apr 19, 03:02 PM
That's US mobile subscribers marketshare for Jan and Feb '11. My numbers are worldwide smartphone marketshare. Completly different things.
Well if I can understand that:
1. US mobile subscriber marketshare is US smartphone marketshare & Worldwide smartphone marketshare is World wide smartphone marketshare.
2. You never specified which marketshare you were talking about.
Well if I can understand that:
1. US mobile subscriber marketshare is US smartphone marketshare & Worldwide smartphone marketshare is World wide smartphone marketshare.
2. You never specified which marketshare you were talking about.
milo
Jul 27, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry. I thought that it was adequately implied that I meant the fastest chip, to date. Anyway, that's what I meant if I've been misunderstood.
I wasn't disagreeing with the "to date" part, just with the notion that a higher clock speed is the same as a faster chip.
The 2.7 G5 will continue to be the highest clocked chip in a mac to date. But chips with lower clock speeds will likely prove to be faster in benchmarks, meaning it's not the fastest chip.
I wasn't disagreeing with the "to date" part, just with the notion that a higher clock speed is the same as a faster chip.
The 2.7 G5 will continue to be the highest clocked chip in a mac to date. But chips with lower clock speeds will likely prove to be faster in benchmarks, meaning it's not the fastest chip.
econgeek
Apr 12, 08:40 PM
Migrated to the new thread.
aafuss1
Aug 5, 11:40 PM
I agree. In fact, I was going to post the same thing. I was all set to be disappointed by the keynote until I read a new Forbes article on the topic. They are expecting some pretty amazing things; things that will divert media attention away from Apple's embarrassing financial scandal.
-Squire
P.S. How about seamless MSN/Yahoo! Messenger support in iChat?\
<edit>
http://www.forbes.com/home/technology/2006/08/04/ipod-jobs-zune_cx_ck_rr_0804apple.html
That would be good-as Microsoft and Yahoo have made the messegner software work with each other-Apple could partner with Yahoo for official protocol support in iChat in Leopard
-Squire
P.S. How about seamless MSN/Yahoo! Messenger support in iChat?\
<edit>
http://www.forbes.com/home/technology/2006/08/04/ipod-jobs-zune_cx_ck_rr_0804apple.html
That would be good-as Microsoft and Yahoo have made the messegner software work with each other-Apple could partner with Yahoo for official protocol support in iChat in Leopard
topgunn
Jul 20, 08:20 AM
THIS is why IBM was given the boot.
RebootD
Mar 31, 05:24 PM
What?
Just speaking to your 'year of the linux' quote that's all.
Just speaking to your 'year of the linux' quote that's all.
steve no jobs
Apr 8, 12:35 AM
I read over at TechCrunch that it was to meet daily sales quotas, which is to benefit the store manager, mostly. They look better for hitting/beating their quota everyday, regardless of whether or not it is actually at all helpful to Best Buy.
So it sounds like Best Buy has stolen a page from communist China's playbook. That seems like good business practice.
And why would it be an accomplishment for a manager to sell the quota of ipads for the day? You could set up a shop that exclusively sells ipads in the depths of a cave inhabited by a fire breathing dragon and you'd still have fanboys lining up at 6am to get one.
So it sounds like Best Buy has stolen a page from communist China's playbook. That seems like good business practice.
And why would it be an accomplishment for a manager to sell the quota of ipads for the day? You could set up a shop that exclusively sells ipads in the depths of a cave inhabited by a fire breathing dragon and you'd still have fanboys lining up at 6am to get one.
AppleScruff1
Apr 19, 08:37 PM
So when is apple going to sue over the letter "i"?
Or how about suing companies for using certain shapes?
This kind of garbage just makes them look petty, just like the youtube videos demonstrating other phone antenna problems.
Motorola had iDEN well before Apple had an iPhone. Apple copied the i just like they did the Beatle's logo. They are he innovators of copying. But it's ok when they do it.
Or how about suing companies for using certain shapes?
This kind of garbage just makes them look petty, just like the youtube videos demonstrating other phone antenna problems.
Motorola had iDEN well before Apple had an iPhone. Apple copied the i just like they did the Beatle's logo. They are he innovators of copying. But it's ok when they do it.
aohus
Apr 19, 01:52 PM
wow @ post 2.
apple will have a hard time fighting this in court.
apple will have a hard time fighting this in court.
AppleKrate
Sep 19, 05:29 AM
Why do you even visit this site? You are doing nothing but criticising Apple and their products. Please leave.
Ps. If I was Admin I would ban you :p
You guys crack me UP! Peace and love, they're only machines (ah, but what machines...) :)
Ps. If I was Admin I would ban you :p
You guys crack me UP! Peace and love, they're only machines (ah, but what machines...) :)
skunk
Mar 3, 04:44 AM
Lee, first, do me a favor when we correspond with each other, would you? Please don't say "feel" when you mean "believe" or "think." This conversation isn't about emotion. It's about truths and falsehoods.If it were about truths and falsehoods, surely everybody would agree? But it isn't, is it? It's about how you feel about it.
Third, if the Catholic Church is right, I didn't make the rules. God did.You are simply avoiding responsibility for your own prejudice by an appeal to a spurious authority.
Fourth, again, I say what I believe.Or, to put it another way, what you feel.
Does anyone notice a hint of natural teleology there, hmm?What does your own condition hint at in terms of "natural teleology"? What does the homosexuality exhibited by hundreds of other species tell you about "natural teleology"?
License causes chaos.This statement indicates that you are an authoritarian with a very dim view of human nature.
I don't see any point in being sexually attracted to anyone of the same sex, since I think homosexuality is a psychological problem caused by nurture, not by nature.Well, in that you are quite simply wrong. There are plenty of studies of identical twins which prove otherwise. You should lay the blame for this "aberrant" behaviour squarely at the feet of your aberrant "god"/nature, rather than seek to persuade people that their nature is "wrong".
Third, if the Catholic Church is right, I didn't make the rules. God did.You are simply avoiding responsibility for your own prejudice by an appeal to a spurious authority.
Fourth, again, I say what I believe.Or, to put it another way, what you feel.
Does anyone notice a hint of natural teleology there, hmm?What does your own condition hint at in terms of "natural teleology"? What does the homosexuality exhibited by hundreds of other species tell you about "natural teleology"?
License causes chaos.This statement indicates that you are an authoritarian with a very dim view of human nature.
I don't see any point in being sexually attracted to anyone of the same sex, since I think homosexuality is a psychological problem caused by nurture, not by nature.Well, in that you are quite simply wrong. There are plenty of studies of identical twins which prove otherwise. You should lay the blame for this "aberrant" behaviour squarely at the feet of your aberrant "god"/nature, rather than seek to persuade people that their nature is "wrong".

Erasmus
Aug 27, 02:58 AM
I already have those stats, I want to see them drop in a high-end Conroe (~3GHz) so I would know that I could feasibly upgrade my 2GHz Core Duo in the future. It's possible, isn't it? I mean, the G5's were really hot, and the iMac enclosure could handle that, wouldn't the new Intel ones be able to handle the Conroe Extremes?
See Apple???
Yet another potential customer for iMac Ultra. We Want C2DE + X1900 and a 23" screen!
It has been demonstrated an iMac can take large amounts of heat. I should expect (With almost certainty) that iMac will get at least 2.4 Conroe, which should be quite a significant increase on its own, and possibly higher. 2.4 on the low end 17" model, 2.66 in 20" and the option of 2.93 or 3.2 in iMac Ultra! (Then Apple can gift me with one for coming up with such a great idea)
X1800's for the 17 and 20 inches, and X1900 for the 23".
Sounds good to me.
Extra space due to 23" could be used for the cooling of the twin fires of CPU and GPU.
See Apple???
Yet another potential customer for iMac Ultra. We Want C2DE + X1900 and a 23" screen!
It has been demonstrated an iMac can take large amounts of heat. I should expect (With almost certainty) that iMac will get at least 2.4 Conroe, which should be quite a significant increase on its own, and possibly higher. 2.4 on the low end 17" model, 2.66 in 20" and the option of 2.93 or 3.2 in iMac Ultra! (Then Apple can gift me with one for coming up with such a great idea)
X1800's for the 17 and 20 inches, and X1900 for the 23".
Sounds good to me.
Extra space due to 23" could be used for the cooling of the twin fires of CPU and GPU.

utahnguy
Apr 10, 10:06 PM
This is kind of ironic. My brother works in the video editing field and I was just talking about this only 5 minutes ago. He was lucky enough to "NAB" a ticket (pun fully intended) literally seconds before they sold out, and he'll be there for the presentation. He was telling me about this radical new overhaul for FCP, and I thought it was kind of weird that I hadn't seen any mention of it seeing as how I check Apple rumor blogs almost daily, so I logged onto macrumors and sure enough, it was the first story listed.
I guess there's a lot of drama among the industry about Apple's refusal to release any kind of road map for FCP, not unlike their other products, and apparently a lot of people are starting to jump ship to Adobe's offerings. Everyone is pretty worried about this new overhaul because the guy who botched iMovie is the guy now in charge of FCP. I'm not into video editing, and I've never never used FCP or any product like it, but after hearing about all the drama and excitement surrounding this new overhaul I'm pretty stoked to see what happens.
My brother is a diehard Apple guy, but he, along with a lot of other people apparently, are basically giving Apple this final shot to fix a lot of FCP's limitations, or they're going to fully move over to Adobe's offering. (I can't remember the name of heir FCP equivalent, and I'm too lazy to look it up) Tuesday can't come soon enough!
I guess there's a lot of drama among the industry about Apple's refusal to release any kind of road map for FCP, not unlike their other products, and apparently a lot of people are starting to jump ship to Adobe's offerings. Everyone is pretty worried about this new overhaul because the guy who botched iMovie is the guy now in charge of FCP. I'm not into video editing, and I've never never used FCP or any product like it, but after hearing about all the drama and excitement surrounding this new overhaul I'm pretty stoked to see what happens.
My brother is a diehard Apple guy, but he, along with a lot of other people apparently, are basically giving Apple this final shot to fix a lot of FCP's limitations, or they're going to fully move over to Adobe's offering. (I can't remember the name of heir FCP equivalent, and I'm too lazy to look it up) Tuesday can't come soon enough!
ryanw
Aug 25, 05:05 PM
The last time two times I walked in an apple store I saw a line of several people holding items waiting to purchase with no available staff personal at the counter. I saw one of them finally put the goods on the counter and walked away. Trying to get your computer problem fixed in-store is like trying to get into an exclusive day spa. I think the "genius bar" and the "geniuses" should seriously be renamed. Their arrogance and inability to fix anything in a timely manor is horrifying.

Scarpad
Apr 7, 02:20 PM
I'm happy with my Current Gen Maxed 13" but I'm interested in an 11" so I'll be keeping my eyes open for what they do there.
NY Guitarist
Apr 5, 08:47 PM
Everything else you said is all well and good, but why on earth would anyone need to download a 4K movie?
4K is coming sooner than later. Youtube has 4K media, of course it looks bad because of the YT compression penalty.
4K displays are coming too, both computer monitors and home theater.
4K is coming sooner than later. Youtube has 4K media, of course it looks bad because of the YT compression penalty.
4K displays are coming too, both computer monitors and home theater.
Bill McEnaney
Mar 7, 07:21 AM
I won't rejoin this discussion. But since neko girl may be waiting for my reply, I'll only suggest a source (http://www.tfp.org/images/books/Defending_A_Higher_Law.pdf).
mcrain
Apr 28, 02:48 PM
I guess the republicans can maybe now look at the issues.
I am glad that Obama put out the papers to shut the conspiracy theorists up.
Putting the papers out has made all the people who spewed this crap look like total and complete fools; and exposed their racism for all to see and mock. :D
For all the GOPers who wouldn't tell the racist fools in your own party to drop it, you are complicit in this farce. John Boehner, I'm talking to you! Yes, it was your job. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/speaker-boehner-its-not-my-job-to-tell-americans-that-obama-is-not-a-muslim/)
I am glad that Obama put out the papers to shut the conspiracy theorists up.
Putting the papers out has made all the people who spewed this crap look like total and complete fools; and exposed their racism for all to see and mock. :D
For all the GOPers who wouldn't tell the racist fools in your own party to drop it, you are complicit in this farce. John Boehner, I'm talking to you! Yes, it was your job. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/speaker-boehner-its-not-my-job-to-tell-americans-that-obama-is-not-a-muslim/)
BaldiMac
Apr 19, 04:00 PM
I'm speaking about estimated Q1/11 to Q4/10 numbers (the est. Q1/11 numbers is what that news was about...). And what about reading the graphs I posted yourself? :rolleyes:
Well that's a pretty disingenuous comparison for a device on an annual release schedule. Year over year would be more appropriate.
I saw the table you posted. It doesn't prove what you said.
You said "Apple is losing marketshare for over 2 years now." Apple has increased their market share by more than 50% over the last two years.
Well that's a pretty disingenuous comparison for a device on an annual release schedule. Year over year would be more appropriate.
I saw the table you posted. It doesn't prove what you said.
You said "Apple is losing marketshare for over 2 years now." Apple has increased their market share by more than 50% over the last two years.
FreeState
Feb 28, 08:34 PM
Now you've stopped stating opinions and walked into fact territory.
CITATION NEEDED!
Has anyone ever been truly 'cured' of homosexuality? You need to produce empirical evidence. Notably brain scans showing the arousal of a homosexual to people of his same sex before and after this 'treatment.'
If you can produce that evidence, I will be satisfied that homosexuality is a treatable condition. Until then, I'm just assuming that you're stating dogma as fact to make reprehensible claims.
My guess is "untreatable" means no one has been cured.
However medical science does not view sexual orientation as needing any treatment, its not an illness.
CITATION NEEDED!
Has anyone ever been truly 'cured' of homosexuality? You need to produce empirical evidence. Notably brain scans showing the arousal of a homosexual to people of his same sex before and after this 'treatment.'
If you can produce that evidence, I will be satisfied that homosexuality is a treatable condition. Until then, I'm just assuming that you're stating dogma as fact to make reprehensible claims.
My guess is "untreatable" means no one has been cured.
However medical science does not view sexual orientation as needing any treatment, its not an illness.
bassfingers
Apr 25, 02:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
money grubbers
I agree, Apple is pretty ridiculous at times.
That must be who you meant, since you clearly haven't had time to read the lawsuit yet.
Or do you think all lawsuits are 'money grubbers'?
Hey was probably talking about the money grubbers filing the lawsuit
money grubbers
I agree, Apple is pretty ridiculous at times.
That must be who you meant, since you clearly haven't had time to read the lawsuit yet.
Or do you think all lawsuits are 'money grubbers'?
Hey was probably talking about the money grubbers filing the lawsuit
No comments:
Post a Comment